Technical help needed Page 7

Quote: Lazzard @ 24th June 2021, 9:48 AM

Odd - and obviously beyond my limited tech-savvy.
Are you getting sound off any vids on here?
What about clips elsewhere on here - like the programme guides - is it the whole site or just the forums?

Thank you for the "test" advice :) - I didn't think of that, BUT it is everything on this site. Just doesn't make sense.

Tried this:-

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/live_at_the_apollo/episodes/14/1/

And no sound, but works fine with me on YouTube.

(Very nice legs, by the way) Lovey

**EDIT

Oh, this is bloody ridiculous! Just tried that link above and now the sound has come back on everything on this site!!! (People are going to think I've lost the plot completely)

Well, Doctor Lazz, I don't know what you did, but we are all tickety-boo now, so thank you! :D

I hate it when that happens.

Hi Herc,

I can confirm this is nothing to do with BCG per se; we aren't able to control such things, and I've personally not heard of such a thing happening in the past either.

The only possible thing I would think of would be your browser getting confused, or your having (accidentally!) turned on some kind of mute functionality and applied it to all pages of comedy.co.uk. But it doesn't sound like you've un-done any such thing before finding it suddenly working again.

Very odd.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th June 2021, 11:14 AM

Just tried that link above and now the sound has come back on

Yep, all good. I watched that 3 times just to be sure Whistling nnocently

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th June 2021, 9:27 AM

NO SOUND

Anyone else experiencing this? In the last week or so I've noticed there is no sound on posts of mine or other posters where the video or whatever is silent.

I've looked at the BCG settings, but there doesn't seem to be such a thing - videos work fine on YouTube, but not when posted on here recently for some reason. Weird...........and annoying. :S Angry

I've even logged out and in to see if it would clear it.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Quote: Chappers @ 24th June 2021, 1:57 PM

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

No I didn't try that, (I remember that "tip" from The IT Crowd :D) and would have done after logging off the site and back on again, but then mysteriously it suddenly, for no apparent reason, came back on again after a second viewing of the Live at the Apollo clip. :S Thanks Dave :)

Quote: Aaron @ 24th June 2021, 12:29 PM

Hi Herc,

I can confirm this is nothing to do with BCG per se; we aren't able to control such things, and I've personally not heard of such a thing happening in the past either.

The only possible thing I would think of would be your browser getting confused, or your having (accidentally!) turned on some kind of mute functionality and applied it to all pages of comedy.co.uk. But it doesn't sound like you've un-done any such thing before finding it suddenly working again.

Very odd.

Thanks Aaron, and like you say - very odd. I was tearing my hair out (haven't got any but...........) and did have a thought while cutting the grass, that it could have been I'd paused a video and then tried to watch another one, which gave it the glitch; BUT replicated that just now, and that wasn't the answer.

Weird.

If it happened just in one session - particularly one tab - it's most likely a browser glitch. If it occurs again close and restart that browser and check if it's still going on.

A glitch is the key word I think - the mysterious of IT, and I'll try that, but it has never ever happened on anything I've done in the last 40 odd years, so hopefully, it neve will again, and like Dave said (and a "joke" of sorts) switching it all off and on again I've found in the past to be a wonderful cure all.

Still weird though, that the video's sounds were fine on YT, but not on here.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th June 2021, 9:27 AM

NO SOUND

Anyone else experiencing this? In the last week or so I've noticed there is no sound on posts of mine or other posters where the video or whatever is silent.

I've looked at the BCG settings, but there doesn't seem to be such a thing - videos work fine on YouTube, but not when posted on here recently for some reason. Weird...........and annoying. :S Angry

I've even logged out and in to see if it would clear it.

It's happened again, and this time I've tried all the advice following my previous post above, but nothing will clear it. :(

You've completely shut down (not sleep or hibernate) your computer and booted it up again, and still the same?

What browser are you using?

Quote: Aaron @ 13th July 2021, 11:50 AM

You've completely shut down (not sleep or hibernate) your computer and booted it up again, and still the same?

What browser are you using?

Yes, and Opera, BUT just as mysteriously previous it has cleared itself (without shutting down - this PC has been on since 6 this morning). Even my son, who is quite IT savvy can't understand it.

Perfect sound on everything accept on this site - bloody weird. :S

Anyway, I'm OK now, so thanks Aaron for your concern. What I really need is someone else on BCG experiencing the same problem. ;)

Herc, have you ever considered that you may be...HAUNTED ?

If your computer is 386 architecture with a greater than 0.7 nano metre buss, combined with a cpu speed of less than 33mhz then the PCI slots will overflow and cause a divide by zero error.
The zero error will appear at the northbridge and be pushed to the midi output causing loss of sound.

That's that sorted then.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th July 2021, 12:17 PM

What I really need is someone else on BCG experiencing the same problem. ;)

I doubt there are many people using Opera as a browser. I'm sure that Chrome/Edge/Firefox/Safari account for about 98% of the site's users.