DEXTER Page 5

Quote: Curt @ April 5 2008, 5:27 PM BST

He's a vigilante who takes out bad guys by night and is a stand up citizen by day. Like a messed up version of Batman.
Plus in season 1 he didn't kill because he thought he was doing a good deed. He was doing it because he needed to kill. A primal need that he his messed up background demanded of him. He really didn't even get any joy from it, it was more of a release then a joy (like a smoke after trying to quit for a month). And of course his 'code'. Because like Charlie pointed out as a kid he was ready to kill everyone and anyone...including kitties and puppies.
In season 2 he starts feeling a bit more like a human (plus personal preservation) and that's when we start to see him feeling as though his deeds were actually 'good'.

Yeah exactly. Dexter isn't trying to be some vigilante, he HAS to kill, it's built into his psych from what happened to him as a kid, he NEEDS to do it, he has no choice about the matter. His Dad realised this and gave Dexter the code when he was still young, his Dad knew he wouldn't be able to stop Dexter from killing people so instead made sure the people that he killed in a way 'deserved' it, so now he only kills 'bad people'.

I haven't read the books but I've heard from most people that the TV series is much better than the books, which is quite a rare case.

Quote: Charley @ April 5 2008, 5:31 PM BST

So Curt. As you have seen series 1. Does it end like the book?

My two friends who read the book tell me the first book is pretty close to the first series. The second series of the show is apparently completely different from any of the books.

Nooooooooooooooooo! He can't kill kitties! :'(

My spoiler theory - and I'll keep it vague - is that for the show to have a real kick at the end is for us to have already met the killer. In other words, The Ice Truck killer is a well established character in the show. I have my suspicions but I won't blab them.

New series starts on Channel FX july 6th Wooooooooooo!

Quote: Charley @ June 28 2008, 8:59 PM BST

New series starts on Channel FX july 6th Wooooooooooo!

Yep, cant wait!

Anyone watching the current season? The ending of Sunday's episode was quite shocking and unexpected.

I'm watching it. Back to its brilliant best after a lacklustre 3rd series, IMO. And the ending was indeed shocking.

Yea the 3rd season was a bit of a let down. This season is pretty awesome so far.

This is the best show on TV at the moment by about a million miles. Only 2 left, sadly. :(

Quote: Curt @ October 21 2009, 11:43 PM GMT

Yea the 3rd season was a bit of a let down. This season is pretty awesome so far.

Was that the one with Jimmy SMitts?

He was good.

Yeah, it was. I didn't like him TBH and I didn't like that series. He's not a patch on John Lithgow, who has had a couple of brilliant - and hilarious - moments in this series. People who watch the show will know what I mean!

Only watched half of season 3, need to get the DVDs and catch up!

Season finale in 1.5 hours.... can't wait !!!

Michael C. Hall won a Golden Globe for Best Performance by an Actor In A Television Series – Drama.

Hall is undergoing treatment for a treatable form of Hodgkin's lymphoma. The cancer is in remission and he is continuing treatments.