DEXTER Page 4

True.

But maybe they don't want that, who are we to assume they wanted him to have edge.

(They probably did though.)

It's only a small criticsm. I love the show despite this caveat. And it's about the only thing worth watching on ITV1.

I have to say this programme is pure Ace!!!!!!!
The character of Dexter is fab. I know the ending. I read the book. Well the last 5 pages of it. I had too. I needed to know it.
Damn good programme.

Hmm. I have a suspicion, what I made up in my own little head. But then maybe there couldn't be more series, and I think there are.

Good! Tell me your suspicion so that I can know if you are hot or cold. I wont say anything, but I want to know. Cause I am nosey.

Ok!

Possible spoiler theory so just to be on the extra safe side, teenyfied :

Well, he kills serial killers. But he's the biggest serial killer of all, so in the end he logically has to kill himself.
Probably a load of balls.

I agree.

I disagree. I hope that the writers will be more creative then that.

Yes, I definitely hope it doesn't happen!

My son & I were discussing Dexter & how much we like the character. Which is weird seeing as how the guy is a murderous fruity loop. We are desperate for him to not get caught.

Well. He is mental, obviously.
But he's not ever mean to any (normal) people. He'd never be violent, or kick a kitty, or say anything mean to anyone.

So, if you're not a serial killer, he's a great person to be around!

He used to kill small animals though!

And large ones,

And he has admiration for the Ice Truck Killer!

Did he? Oh I've missed the animal bits.

Well, don't we all admire the Ice Truck Killer? No?... Oh.

He's a vigilante who takes out bad guys by night and is a stand up citizen by day. Like a messed up version of Batman.
Plus in season 1 he didn't kill because he thought he was doing a good deed. He was doing it because he needed to kill. A primal need that he his messed up background demanded of him. He really didn't even get any joy from it, it was more of a release then a joy (like a smoke after trying to quit for a month). And of course his 'code'. Because like Charlie pointed out as a kid he was ready to kill everyone and anyone...including kitties and puppies.
In season 2 he starts feeling a bit more like a human (plus personal preservation) and that's when we start to see him feeling as though his deeds were actually 'good'.

So Curt. As you have seen series 1. Does it end like the book?