DEXTER Page 2

It's nothing like Saw or Hostel. It is not a gore-fest, although it does have graphic scenes now and again but that is not the main selling point of the show. The actual characters are great, it's well written and the plot is brilliant.

I couldn't recommend the show more really, it truly is fantastic.

It strikes me as the logical conclusion of shows like The Sopranos and The Shield, which has an anti-hero as the main character. I'm not quite sure where we can go after this in terms of a morally dubious protagonist as the lead.

Peodos?

I shall be tuning into this. ITV tonight at 10.35. Looks fab.

Quote: chipolata @ February 27, 2008, 10:10 AM

It strikes me as the logical conclusion of shows like The Sopranos and The Shield, which has an anti-hero as the main character. I'm not quite sure where we can go after this in terms of a morally dubious protagonist as the lead.

The show Dexter purposefully walks this line as Dexter constantly tries to understand himself wondering if he is good or evil. His opinion of himself changes frequently throughout the show as he struggles with his 'code'.
I dislike both Sopranos and liked the Shield even less as I didn't think either show (especially the Shield) had much to say about anything. Dexter on the other hand is an excellent psychological thriller in the truest sense.

Some of the bits with his dad though are cringe worthy.

Cant wait.

I wasn't going to bother with this, but based on your comments I've set the video :)

It conflicts with The Kenny Everett Television Show. Sorry Dexter. Wave

Quote: Aaron @ February 27, 2008, 8:14 PM

It conflicts with The Kenny Everett Television Show. Sorry Dexter. Wave

An old repeat instead of Dexter? :O ! Surely you can watch Kenny any old time! Or tape one of them, Dexter really is well worth a look; put aside your comedy geekness for an hour or two Aaron!

Impossible, sorry!

Yeah as much as I respect Kenny Everett, that can be watched any time, Dexter really is fantastic and well worth checking out.

Quote: Leevil @ February 27, 2008, 5:57 PM

Some of the bits with his dad though are cringe worthy.

I thought they were okay, have you seen Season 2? Goes into a much better explanation of the relationship with his Dad and gives much more depth to those 'talks', really good stuff.

Only saw a few episodes of Season 2, keep meaning to watch the rest.

The thing that bugged me is when young Dexter was doing something supposedly normal and then made a social faux pas, his dad would appear from nowhere - like behind a bush or something and then give him a cheesy speech on "how to do it propa".

Quote: Leevil @ February 27, 2008, 10:20 PM

Only saw a few episodes of Season 2, keep meaning to watch the rest.

The thing that bugged me is when young Dexter was doing something supposedly normal and then made a social faux pas, his dad would appear from nowhere - like behind a bush or something and then give him a cheesy speech on "how to do it propa".

Yeah Season 2 explains a lot more of this, it was all about training Dexter...don't want to give much away. But you must watch the rest of Season 2 it is brilliant.

He is so much more attractive as a serial killer than he is as a funeral home bloke.

The woman who plays his sister is a brilliant actor. Her 'nervous' acting when she suggested the refrigerated truck idea in front of all the cops was ace.