Who do you fancy? Page 826

Pippa who?

The front view ain't that bad either . . .

Have to admit, the girl in the latest 'Dior Addict' commercial is getting me slightly hot under the collar.

What a strange tattoo. Will she forget to do so otherwise?

Quote: Oldrocker @ July 12 2012, 12:09 AM BST

The front view ain't that bad either . . .

Looks a bit like the woman in Coupling (I can never remember her name).

Maybe we should have a 'Looks a bit like' thread?

Quote: zooo @ July 12 2012, 12:10 AM BST

What a strange tattoo. Will she forget to do so otherwise?

That's actually just the first word.
in full, it reads " Love is like a violin" accompanied by a tattoo of Ken Dodd, complete with cheekily placed tickling stick.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Lazzard @ July 12 2012, 5:01 PM BST

That's actually just the first word.
in full, it reads " Love is like a violin" accompanied by a tattoo of Ken Dodd, complete with cheekily placed tickling stick.

Is that true? You must've really done your research...

Quote: TopBanana @ July 12 2012, 10:12 AM BST

Looks a bit like the woman in Coupling (I can never remember her name).

Gina Bellman.

Quote: Tuumble @ July 12 2012, 5:30 PM BST

Is that true? You must've really done your research...

To be honest, it put me off a little bit...

Quote: Rob H @ July 12 2012, 5:37 PM BST

Gina Bellman.

That's him.

Quote: Lazzard @ July 12 2012, 12:10 AM BST

Have to admit, the girl in the latest 'Dior Addict' commercial is getting me slightly hot under the collar.

For Christ's sake don't Google her. I did and she is one freaky looking bit of alien paedo bait.

I'm like with a lot of fashion models, most of them look really, really odd. Especially that Lily Cole, she gives me nightmares.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 12 2012, 8:29 PM BST

For Christ's sake don't Google her. I did and she is one freaky looking bit of alien paedo bait.

I'm like with a lot of fashion models, most of them look really, really odd. Especially that Lily Cole, she gives me nightmares.

That's not a nice thing to say about someone RC. But..

Models are models because of how they suit pictures, not because they're what constitutes actual/usual attractiveness. If the majority of models walked into the pub (not altogether) then you might think 'interesting' or 'striking', but you probably wouldn't be particularly drawn to them. Which is why it's incredibly damaging that in an all-pervasive capitalist culture people are so often shown unattainable images that actually often conflict with the aspects that are attractive in humans, especially regarding female models, where women are made to feel inferior and men are made to feel that they should aspire to a status symbol as a partner.

Sorry, the feminist thread was closed.

Wouldn't the fashion industry be female-on-female oppression? It is run by woman, for women, I don't see how men are to blame, our models are curvy!