Ashes To Ashes Page 3

Ditto that David. And to be fair Godot, Midge Ure shouldn't have any place in any journey. Except perhaps the one to the very bowels of hell.

I thought this was brilliant. As soon as Gene Hunt said 'basturds!' I was smiling all the way through it. The jokes were so good because of the delivery and direction with the highlight being the speedboat bit. Absolutely hilarious.

Quote: David Chapman @ February 8, 2008, 12:35 AM

It had Sam meeting his mother as a young woman and trying to help her - something we've all fanatsised about doing when we've learned of a period of strife that our parents went through -

After seeing what happened in Back to the Future and Futurama (Fry becomes his own grandfather) I'll leave the past where it belongs...

I was disappointed. To me there wasn't any spark between the Keeley Hawes character and Gene Hunt, in the same way there was between him and John Simms. I also thought the bit at the end with the boat was just silly. There's a fine line between parody and just plain daft, and this crossed the line at that point. However, it was just the pilot where they have to set everything up, so it might settle down and improve over the course of the full series.

I wasn't disappointed with it, I thought it was great fun but I agree with what Chip just said.

Definitely series linked though!

I really disliked it, it was fun and I liked the music.

But the whole thing about Life on Mars which was great, was it felt real. The 70s weren't like the telly. This felt like it was typed by a chimp force fed Quatro, and Aztec bars. Whilst watching Miami Vice, Max Headroom, and every film where Saint Bob Hoskins shouts

"Shut it you slag,"

All the delicious vulnerability, and character interaction from Mars was gone.

As a scifi fan having characters endlessly repeat the maguffin of the plot is maddening.

After a while Mars was a very good cop show with a slight scifi twist, that gave it a bit more spice.

This show was so darn easy to find online in the summer now I can't find it anywhere! I have yet to see series 2 and I want my friends to watch the first series too. I've even been trying to pay money for it on DVD, but it's STILL not available in North America.
Why oh why does the BBC sends us Persuasion (Sense & Sensibility), Torchwood and Coupling when they could be sending us Life on Mars and the Mighty Boosh. :(
Damn you BBC!

Don't complain about getting Coupling. Coupling is IMMENSE.

I missed it last night somethink else was on, I will have to watch it on bbc iplayer.

You could have watched BOAF on Paramount 2+1!

Did you stay tuned for The Kenny Everett Television Show afterwards?

I kinda liked, It's only epsiode one so I expecting nothing from it and it was ok. Fire up the Quatro!!!!

I loved it. Gene Hunt's character is so cool. It is nice to finaly get proper male characters instead of wimps.
Thats why I like Frank in Shameless. He is a proper man.
By that I mean non arse licking to females.

Yeah, but do you think he is a pussy licker?

With a name like Gene, he must be. :P

Quote: Aaron @ February 8, 2008, 10:55 PM

Yeah, but do you think he is a pussy licker?

Nah! I reckon he is purely a taker when it comes to oral unhy-gene.
Geddit!!!!!! :D