Doctor Who... Page 941

I think Mr Stott you display a good grasp of the art here, so I thing you are being a tad disingenuous.

Quote: Ben @ March 31 2013, 9:30 PM BST

Doctors Who. A mid afternoon, BBC1 show written by Marc P about...

Aarrgghh-! :O

Could be wrong.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 31 2013, 9:31 PM BST

Aarrgghh-! :O

:D

Quote: Badge @ March 31 2013, 2:53 PM BST

There were so many things wrong with it imho that I can't begin to list them.

I think this means I win.

Of course. ;)

Pic from the read-through for the 50th:

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/50th-anniversary-update.html

I'm not believing anything I read today, so I don't believe Matthew Stott exists.

Quote: Nil Putters @ April 1 2013, 9:39 PM BST

I'm not believing anything I read today, so I don't believe Matthew Stott exists.

I don't, this is Godot's other account.

Snog Box!

Quote: sootyj @ March 31 2013, 10:19 AM BST

There's no conflict or tension at all.

No, Moffat can't write. He's okay with flinty one liners but he can't build a narrative and he can't create characters - especially female ones - his lines for Amy, Riversong and Oswyn are completely interchangeable and are essentially one character - a chippy, flirtatious, smart-alecky woman - which we must suppose is the psychological female shadow of himself.

And because of the desperate need to keep everyone equally involved in the action.
The story is drained of even more tension.

And in 45 minute episode, what the hell was the point in a 10 minute intro in a 12 century monastery?

Quote: sootyj @ April 2 2013, 1:25 PM BST

And in 45 minute episode, what the hell was the point in a 10 minute intro in a 12 century monastery?

Just so they could do the "bells' joke.
Undisciplined writing is what it is

Well, it's more interesting, colourful and surprising if she's able to contact him in another time rather than in the present. He's been trying to find her, unsuccesfully, and then she, despite being centruies apart, goes and contacts him.

www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/articles/The-Zygons-Return-for-the-50th-Anniversary-Special

I wonder if they'll be the only baddie; maybe they'll just play a small part?