Doctor Who... Page 940

Quote: sootyj @ March 31 2013, 10:19 AM BST

There's no conflict or tension at all.

Not the slightest suspicion anything scary will happen.

And the great intelligence aparently eats peoples brains, mumbled about in dialogue.
The show can't commit to its own weakness.

This is just it. There was a just about coherent plot here, although we never found out what the thing was that ate people's souls. But I don't really care. The older DW episodes (Pertwee, Tom Baker) had actual peril, and a twisting plot that actually added up and managed to complete itself. And that was what people watched it for. It's hard to find anything here worth watching for.

Quote: Raymond Terrific @ March 31 2013, 5:31 PM BST

This is just it. There was a just about coherent plot here, although we never found out what the thing was that ate people's souls.

Are you sure?

There were some really good ideas in there, but as usual nowadays Moffat throws them all together into an ideas soup rather than giving them time to breathe and develop. There's a brilliant story to be had with the expanse of data, networks and shared information, but this wasn't it.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 31 2013, 5:35 PM BST

Are you sure?

We don't really, we see it for a bit and then it resets everyone's brains. If there was a deeper explanation it was glossed over pretty fast because they ran out of time, such is the problem of trying to fit a DW story into 45 minutes.

Regardless, I didn't feel myself intrigued about what it was anyway.

Quote: Raymond Terrific @ March 31 2013, 5:53 PM BST

We don't really, we see it for a bit and then it resets everyone's brains. If there was a deeper explanation it was glossed over pretty fast because they ran out of time, such is the problem of trying to fit a DW story into 45 minutes.

Did you not see the previous episode, the Christmas special? It was the same baddie as in that one, The Great Intelligence. No doubt he will pop up again later on at some point.

Yeah, just read that review that explains it.

What's wrong with a load of weird lizard aliens or robots though.

Quote: Raymond Terrific @ March 31 2013, 6:02 PM BST

What's wrong with weird lizard aliens though.

You will get your wish in two episodes time!

The Silurians? They made them too human, the originals were relentless and deadly and really alien.

Also they're technically not aliens because they come from Earth ;)

+1 pedantic nerd points to me!

Nope, not them; a different set of Doctor Who monsters!

Ooh!

I'm going to tune in for the Ice Warriors episode. I hope they don't make any Slush Puppy jokes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rog8ou-ZepE

Come on guys, didn't anyone else enjoy the almost Gershwin like riff on the 'I am the Doctor.' 'Doctor Who??? ' bit. For me the fiddly hands stole the show mind!

Quote: Marc P @ March 31 2013, 9:14 PM BST

Come on guys, didn't anyone else enjoy the almost Gershwin like riff on the 'I am the Doctor.' 'Doctor Who??? ' bit. For me the fiddly hands stole the show mind!

Seems like you're being sarcastic to me. Can't be sure.

Doctors Who. A mid afternoon, BBC1 show written by Marc P about...