Doctor Who... Page 938

Quote: Marc P @ March 30 2013, 10:26 PM GMT

You should write professionally ;)

Hm.

LOL sorry Matthew I take that back you goaded me :)

Quote: Marc P @ March 30 2013, 10:26 PM GMT

You should write professionals ;)

Shut it you slag

Quote: sootyj @ March 30 2013, 10:27 PM GMT

Shut it you slag

:O

Get your trousers on your nicked

That episode made no sense at all. Moffat has become just as lazy in his lurch from set piece to set piece as RTD was. There are no ideas underpinning any of it.

Quote: Tursiops @ March 30 2013, 10:35 PM GMT

That episode made no sense at all. Moffat has become just as lazy in his lurch from set piece to set piece as RTD was. There are no ideas underpinning any of it.

Correct, seemed rushed and with no cohesion, a real shame after the Christmas special raised expectations

It's interesting that a couple of people have mentioned the aeroplane bit as being good when it served absolutely no purpose in the story, nor did it offer any real jeopardy - one of the pilots even gave a "so what?" look when he woke up. Recent Who has had far too many of these set pieces thrown into episodes without purpose.

I didn't hate the episode by any means, it was okay. Smith is always good and Coleman does as well as possible given she is lumbered with the task of being new companion twice too often. Problem is this episode barely matches the weakest ones of the first few series since the comeback.

It just felt lazy and slopped together with turgid dialogue

And theyre so bloody pleased with half added fix that are years out of date

The plane bit was good and so was the tardis

But what else?

Quote: Badge @ March 30 2013, 10:40 PM GMT

It's interesting that a couple of people have mentioned the aeroplane bit as being good when it served absolutely no purpose in the story, nor did it offer any real jeopardy - one of the pilots even gave a "so what?" look when he woke up. Recent Who has had far too many of these set pieces thrown into episodes without purpose.

I didn't hate the episode by any means, it was okay. Smith is always good and Coleman does as well as possible given she is lumbered with the task of being new companion twice too often. Problem is this episode barely matches the weakest ones of the first few series since the comeback.

In the worst dinner one can look forward to the after 8s

Agreed the plane bit served no purpose and was badly acted. After the wait I expected something with more originality.

Plane was a pointless waste of time and money.
Plot wafer thin - they couldn't even be arsed to explain it properly.
People tapping very fast on lap-tops - Yawn! (at least they didn't say "I'm in!")
And, once again, it looks like we're going to be spend half the time 'questing' for the secret of the new companion - so any hope of coherent, thoughtful story-lines within the brief time allotted to 'non-companion related content' is immediately dashed.

Boo.

It's interesting that a couple of people have mentioned the aeroplane bit as being good when it served absolutely no purpose in the story, nor did it offer any real jeopardy - one of the pilots even gave a "so what?" look when he woke up.

Also found it oddly jarring that the Doctor, who can generally get the hang of any piece of alien technology in less time than it takes to twiddle with his sonic screwdriver, should struggle with aircraft controls.

Quote: Lazzard @ March 30 2013, 11:32 PM GMT

And, once again, it looks like we're going to be spend half the time 'questing' for the secret of the new companion - so any hope of coherent, thoughtful story-lines within the brief time allotted to 'non-companion related content' is immediately dashed.

From page 925:

'Remember the second half of the series is 'the search for the soufflé girl'. Expect a custard pie fight between the Mary Berry Dalek and the Paul Hollywood Cyberleader as Moffat's Cryptomnesia spirals out of control.'

I am so glad I quit watching this tripe. Sounds ghastly. Will watch the anniversary special though. And will attempt watching the entire Smith output with Mandarin subtitles some day.

I watched the first part of Series 7, or should that be "all of series 7"? Is this series 8?
Anyway, if there is a multi Doctor story, I might watch, if Davison and McGann (are in it) are well served.
Not sure about the Big Finish multi special, (its written by Nicholas Briggs).