Doctor Who... Page 911

Technically, it wasn't the Doctor who saved the Bombers, was it..? I seem to remember the Mum took contrtol of the lighthouse/ship thingy after putting on some sort of crown, and it was she who was able to save him. I may very well be wrong as I haven't watched it since it was first on.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 17 2012, 7:29 PM GMT

Technically, it wasn't the Doctor who saved the Bombers, was it..? I seem to remember the Mum took contrtol of the lighthouse/ship thingy after putting on some sort of crown, and it was she who was able to save him. I may very well be wrong as I haven't watched it since it was first on.

God that one was rubbish, the Christmas ones have been pretty lacklustre the last few years

It's a shame they never did a Christmas episode of Classic Who. Or did they? Was there something in the Hartnall years? Anyway, just imagine Colin Baker fighting a robotic Santa as Peri was kidnapped by demonic elfs. IT SHOULD HAD HAVE HAPPENEDED!

Quote: Ben @ December 17 2012, 7:37 PM GMT

It's a shame they never did a Christmas episode of Classic Who. Or did they? Was there something in the Hartnall years? Anyway, just imagine Colin Baker fighting a robotic Santa as Peri was kidnapped by demonic elfs. IT SHOULD HAD HAVE HAPPENEDED!

As far as I know that never happened. I do remember them showing Genesis of the Daleks as one long show one Christmas.

I thought there was something at the end of a Hartnall episode which was Christmas related, but I might be thinking of the end of series 4 of Knightmare.

Quote: Ben @ December 17 2012, 7:40 PM GMT

I thought there was something at the end of a Hartnall episode which was Christmas related, but I might be thinking of the end of series 4 of Knightmare.

There was. He talks to camera, saying 'Merry Christmas to everyone at home', or something.

The 60s, huh!

Quote: Ben @ December 17 2012, 7:37 PM GMT

It's a shame they never did a Christmas episode of Classic Who. Or did they? Was there something in the Hartnall years?

* Hartnell
Here you are: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4bgOroUhWI

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 17 2012, 12:57 PM GMT

Apparently there will be a new Tardis interior

I think one of the failures of New Who - aside from the storytelling obviously - has been its inability to imbue the Tardis with any sense of mystery. I seem to remember that old Who the Tardis seemed an awesome and fascinating creation in itself, but this seems to have been largely forgotten in New Who.

They never explore it! It's got rooms!

Quote: zooo @ December 18 2012, 11:15 AM GMT

They may be in a forthcoming episode...

Ooooooooooooooooooooh...

Quote: zooo @ December 18 2012, 11:15 AM GMT

I could've sworn I saw an episode where they showed the inside of the Tardis in New Who. I remember it had loads of sandy coloured corridors and Amy got trapped or summit.

The Dr's Wife

But I think the corridors existed only in Amy's mind.

And in The Day of the Moon Riversong jumped into the Tardis swimming pool off screen.

But yeh rooms would be cool.

Quote: chipolata @ December 18 2012, 10:14 AM GMT

I think one of the failures of New Who - aside from the storytelling obviously - has been its inability to imbue the Tardis with any sense of mystery. I seem to remember that old Who the Tardis seemed an awesome and fascinating creation in itself, but this seems to have been largely forgotten in New Who.

There is no mystery left in DW, full stop.

This years Christmas Special has a new theme tune, and TARDIS interior. It also has the new companion snogging the Doctor, who, at one point is dressed as Sherlock Holmes.

Moffat is self indulgent, and makes small changes when he should be spending time producing better stories. Its been rubbish since its return in 2005, anyway. Too many reasons to write down.