Doctor Who... Page 358

Quote: Griff @ December 23 2009, 11:24 AM GMT

Surely the terrifying Menoptera is due a comeback.

Isn't that the Liberal Democrat minister for finance helping the Hampstead constabulary with their enquiries?

Never seen The War Games. Not sure if I could manage a 10 incher. I mean parter.

SPOILER ALERT... It was a huge stinking turd of an episode. The new regime can't come soon enough.

What had James Bond got to do with it all?

Lol. Poor old John Simm a long cry from Life on Mars

Quote: Badge @ December 25 2009, 7:11 PM GMT

SPOILER ALERT... It was a huge stinking turd of an episode. The new regime can't come soon enough.

Even my 9 year-old daughter was dismissive; "oh no, even more talking, then some more running".

(good performances though)

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ November 17 2009, 10:49 PM GMT

I'm hoping that his meddling has brought all the Timelords back, that would make it interesting.

Did I say hoping. I mean't to say predicting
Whistling nnocently

Quote: bigfella @ December 25 2009, 7:12 PM GMT

What had James Bond got to do with it all?

Serious question, or joke?

It was, well; it wasn't very good, was it. Overall. Some lovely little creepy bits, then just so much silliness. The green aliens. Puh. I know it's for kids too, but come on, they were so horribly jarring. What did the Obama bits have to do with anything? And the ending, with everyone turning into the Master, just made me sort of squirm. It was such a scatter of bits, not at all a satisfying hour in its own right; here's hoping Tennants final hour gives him the send off he deserves. I wasn't completely dissapointed, but this is the Tenth Doctors final story, it should be better!!

I think Big Fella is alluding to Tim Dalton being head of the Galactic Senate from Star Wars Timelords Council.

The only good bit about tonight's episode is that I pissed my brother off no end by laughing every time the Master laughed.

In other news -

Ginger?!

June Whitfield sticking a finger up the Doctor's arse?!

A rip off of the Matrix when they all become Agent Smith but with really piss poor special effects?!

'Abigail, it means bringer of joy - but not delivering lines convincingly apparently'.

Not as bad as the last two Doc Who Crimbo specials - Kylie on the Titanic and Ballykissangel woman inside Metal Mickey's mouth, but still bollocks nonetheless.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 25 2009, 8:12 PM GMT

I think Big Fella is alluding to Tim Dalton being head of the Galactic Senate from Star Wars Timelords Council.

Yes, I got that really.

A rip off of the Matrix

I thought it was more 'Being John Malkovich' myself.

Ginger?!

One of the best companions ever!

This just needed to be stripped back a bit more, it felt to me. It's a family show, I know, but it felt like it could have got more serious, more brutal, more desperate. No green spikey aliens. Or Obama.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 25 2009, 8:14 PM GMT

Yes, I got that really.

Really? Unimpressed

Obviously, the Master is so evil, that after burning down a prison, his next port of call was a burger van in a disused gravel yard. Damn Al Queda for getting to the Twin Towers first!

Why there was a burger van in a disused gravel yard is neither here nor there, it just was.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 25 2009, 8:18 PM GMT

Why there was a burger van in a disused gravel yard is neither here nor there, it just was.

Wasn't that supposed to be a charity thing, giving free food to the homeless??

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 25 2009, 8:18 PM GMT

Really? Unimpressed

I was wondering whether he was just doing a joke, or really didn't understand what his character was. James Bond is a Timelord. I wonder if George Lazenby was in a collar at the back?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 25 2009, 8:17 PM GMT

I thought it was more 'Being John Malkovich' myself.

No, they were definitely trying to rip off the Matrix, the head shaking bits involving the guards in black visors were particularly embarrassing.

Oh yeah, Obama. For f**k's sake.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 25 2009, 8:20 PM GMT

Wasn't that supposed to be a charity thing, giving free food to the homeless??

Homeless people live in piles of gravel?! Maybe it's a Welsh thing.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 25 2009, 8:22 PM GMT

Homeless people live in piles of gravel?! Maybe it's a Welsh thing.

Well, those two were definitely supposed to be homeless people at least.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 25 2009, 8:22 PM GMT

No, they were definitely trying to rip off the Matrix,

Ah well, Who has a proud history of ripping off other things. It's tradition.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 25 2009, 8:24 PM GMT

Ah well, Who has a proud history of ripping off other things. It's tradition.

Any chance of them ripping off a well written show with a plot that makes sense?