Extras Christmas Special Page 17

Quote: David Chapman @ December 31, 2007, 8:30 PM

Did you really ever have any?

I have a baseline by which I assume most people will behave. Plus you seemed nice and supportive at first. God knows where the personal stuff has come from, but I'm not that bothered so let's forget it.

Chapman's never been a player.

Infact he used to be a referee.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ December 31, 2007, 9:08 PM

Chapman's never been a player.

Infact he used to be a referee.

When the Whistle Blows...

Quote: James Williams @ December 31, 2007, 6:47 PM

And a friend of mine did his English thesis on Blackadder, so even in this context it's acceptable.

Erm...
I don't really think this level of personal attack is appropriate.

Look - I'm sorry but this thread was becoming like a bloody great epic.

You're profile is there for all to see so I just wanted to find out about you.

Couldn't resist...

What do you say to an English graduate?

Big Mac and fries please

Really though you can't dispute the fact that it's popular.

Aaron keeps saying you might not like Dibley, Green Green Grass etc but if you want success you have to learn from them.

Dibley, etc - Is this meant for me?
If it is, it doesn't address any of my views at all. I like 'em. Dibley, anyway. I love Extras!

The 'English Graduate' remark was so banal it wasn't worth making.

And Chapman, your defence of your left-field comments doesn't equate to anything. It was just spiteful or at best thoughtless. Forget it - but don't try to validate it!

Quote: James Williams @ December 31, 2007, 9:57 PM

And Chapman, your defence of your left-field comments doesn't equate to anything. It was just spiteful or at best thoughtless. Forget it - but don't try to validate it!

Fair enough. Let's move on then!

OK!

And don't get paranoid about Dibley - that was just a random selection.

After all - tomorrow is another year.

So that was for me?
I really like Dibley.
I don't live in a self-constructed ivory tower throwing pseudo-intelligent stones. I like popularist stuff. I loved Extras. I love most popularist stuff; just because when I make an argument on here I write like an English graduate it doesn't mean I'm up my own 'intellectual' arsehole. (I certainly don't write like this when I'm writing up a news story - cardinal sin!) I just prefer to choose the words that mean exactly what I want to say, or as close as I can get in my vocabulary, when trying to present an argument.

The things is once you get past about 3 sentences I can't be bothered to read it. That's prrobably a reflection on me but there's so much to read on here.

Ladies, come now, calm down.

I've guessed this is often the case. Often it's difficult to condense what I want to say into a few lines.

Quote: Aaron @ January 1, 2008, 1:17 AM

Ladies, come now, calm down.

I think we are calm now.

Are you startin'?

Quote: James Williams @ January 1, 2008, 1:20 AM

I've guessed this is often the case. Often it's difficult to condense what I want to say into a few lines.

I think we are calm now.

Are you startin'?

Laughing out loud