Make a child's Christmas Page 2

Quote: marion @ November 10, 2007, 3:26 AM

:D Well, if we're in the business of promoting good causes for Christmas then check out www.friendsanimalrescue.org.uk That's my animal sanctuary, that is Angelic

You own an animal sanctuary!?! Your my kind of woman :) The puddy in the picture <--------- is a rescue cat

Bless it. Is it a sweetie? Looks a bit grumpy! I'm sitting here, not quite tired enough to go to bed (made the mistake of falling asleep early) with a bunch of cats on the settee with me. They are lovely. Drive ya nuts, though, well when you've got as many as I've got, anyway.

I think that you should all donate to the Give Aaron Money Fund.

I'm a member and donator to a few charities myself.

Quote: marion @ November 10, 2007, 3:38 AM

Bless it. Is it a sweetie? Looks a bit grumpy! I'm sitting here, not quite tired enough to go to bed (made the mistake of falling asleep early) with a bunch of cats on the settee with me. They are lovely. Drive ya nuts, though, well when you've got as many as I've got, anyway.

Awwwwww!
I love cats but must confess I am more of a dog lover.My cat hates my guts. He really does. He likes the boys & my man but really despises me. He even likes the dogs. I dont know why he hates. I feed the fooker. He does allow me to pick him up, when cornered. He goes all floppy on me though & plays dead. You can throw him up in the air & everything.

Should I make a joke (although admittedly a really pretty bad one) about fish here?

Quote: Aaron @ November 10, 2007, 10:59 AM

Should I make a joke (although admittedly a really pretty bad one) about fish here?

Shouldn't you make a joke about something going floppy for once when touched by Charley?

For once? I'd imagine that, where Charley is involved, it's probably a fairly regular occurence.

Hats off to Charley and Marion too. AJP all my animals are rescues too, no breeder gets my cash these days. Marion, that's hard work you got there.

I sent one of those to some kid in Africa when I was like 10, I remember about a half of the box was full of hygiene products... now I think about it I should have just filled it with food stamps and a airline ticket to England.

Little bugger never wrote back either, like they're expected too :S

Quote: SlagA @ November 12, 2007, 10:41 AM

Hats off to Charley and Marion too. AJP all my animals are rescues too, no breeder gets my cash these days. Marion, that's hard work you got there.

fast track to insanity!!! Bless 'em. Pigs are my favourite animals, I've got about 30 (and if anyone says it's 'mine too, between 2 slices of bread' then I shall track them down and kill them!

Good man, Slag A. No breeder should get anyone's money
Angry

Since we (I, mainly!) am discussing my animals then you may be interested to know that ITV filmed part of their series Dating, the Enemy, here.
It's the one where the animals rights lad dates a hunter. He's a mate of ours and she was .... well, you decide. I don't know what date it's going out except that it's November. I would have waved 'hi' Wave if only I'd have thought of it.

Mine too. In a cylindrical shape.

Quote: Aaron @ November 12, 2007, 11:25 AM

Mine too. In a cylindrical shape.

Angry
Noted. Cool
Ps. could we include a symbol for a balaclavad maniac?

Laughing out loud

My favourite meat is chicken really. Or duck. Crispy aromaticised. MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmalicious.

(Maybe.)

How about checking out charities nearer to home, or smaller organisations? Some can't afford the publicity, or prefer to put all their money towards whatever their cause is. When I found it difficult to physically write out Christmas cards, someone suggested I donate the money I usually spent on them to charity.
Since then, my family and loads of friends do this instead of sending cards and sometimes instead of gifts. Last year, we managed to 'buy' a goat and some chickens for families in Kenya. This particular charity shop also supports projects in this country - they have loads of info about them all and you can choose where you would like your money to go, and get updates on all their projects. Why not check out if there is something like that close to you? :)

Quote: Loopey @ November 12, 2007, 3:28 PM

How about checking out charities nearer to home, or smaller organisations? Some can't afford the publicity, or prefer to put all their money towards whatever their cause is. When I found it difficult to physically write out Christmas cards, someone suggested I donate the money I usually spent on them to charity.
Since then, my family and loads of friends do this instead of sending cards and sometimes instead of gifts. Last year, we managed to 'buy' a goat and some chickens for families in Kenya. This particular charity shop also supports projects in this country - they have loads of info about them all and you can choose where you would like your money to go, and get updates on all their projects. Why not check out if there is something like that close to you? :)

Please, please, please, please, please do not, under any circumstances, buy a goat, chicken, cow or any other animal for a family in the 3rd world. They cannot feed their children so how on earth are they going to be able to sustain an animal that consumes more than they do?
To support this is to support animal abuse.