Make a child's Christmas Page 3

Quote: marion @ November 12, 2007, 9:09 PM

Please, please, please, please, please do not, under any circumstances, buy a goat, chicken, cow or any other animal for a family in the 3rd world. They cannot feed their children so how on earth are they going to be able to sustain an animal that consumes more than they do?
To support this is to support animal abuse.

Well they do provide continuos nutrition in milk, eggs etc. We don't want to start a Charity battle, all charitable causes are worthy except the Aaron Anti-French/Garlic appeal which was found my the charity commision to be a slush fund for using child labour to correct grammar mistakes on tinternet :P

:D Of course we don't want to start a charity battle. Most of them are every bit as good as the next one. Angelic God bless, 'em and and all that sail in 'em. Pirate
But, you can't escape the fact (please let's not have to trawl through the statistics and morals) that you have to feed and water an animal. They need enough to sustain their own being before they will deliver.

Any effort to raise money for someone else's benefit is laudable and I applaud you all. Let's hope one day the whole world will be free to make their own educated choices (whatever those choices are) rather than have them imposed by other present and more constraining factors.

:D Are all Slags diplomates? Angelic

Marion, I understand your concerns and sadly there may well be cases where what you say is true. I would answer that by saying - check it out thoroughly first.
The projects I support are ongoing and sustainable (they have been going for some years). I am sorry if I did not explain it very well!

cheers, mate. What group do you suport so that I may research it? Rolling eyes There is nothing that all of us want than to see all animals (human included) live in peace.
:D

Quote: ajp29 @ November 12, 2007, 9:24 PM

Well they do provide continuos nutrition in milk, eggs etc. We don't want to start a Charity battle, all charitable causes are worthy except the Aaron Anti-French/Garlic appeal which was found my the charity commision to be a slush fund for using child labour to correct grammar mistakes on tinternet :P

Laughing out loud

... Teary

Anyway, we need to invest our money not in charities, but in someone developing a weather machine. 'Cos if they don't get rain, then everything else is pointless. :P

Quote: Aaron @ November 12, 2007, 10:10 PM

Anyway, we need to invest our money not in charities, but in someone developing a weather machine. 'Cos if they don't get rain, then everything else is pointless. :P

I don't think that they'll be thrilled to get a note saying, "Keep the stove

ready, we've got the blueprints."

Quote: Cinnamon @ November 12, 2007, 10:22 PM

Please sign the petition at www.bankdetails.com

You sure about that?

Not desperately.....one could almost say no, and in fact one would be right in saying no.....no.

As an addition to a charity that was mentioned earlier, I believe that they also fund nurses, schools and water systems in deprived nations.

Hello again,

I told the Director of the project in Kenya about some of your concerns and he was very happy to explain how the animals are treated. His response is very long. I have edited it but it is still very long! I don't want to lose the very important essence of this thread, so I will publish the edited version here if you would like, or I can pm it to anyone who is interested.

I forgot to say that I worked for this charity voluntarily for some years and I would NEVER put my money into something that I was not confident about.

:)

Thanks to those who asked for the information. I have pm'd it to you. :)