20 years of BCG Page 3

Running a comedy website? Hardest job in the World.

Quote: zooo @ 3rd August 2023, 7:02 PM

The venerable Castiel from Supernatural. Or if you've never heard of that, pretend it's Columbo.

Ah, of course... Supernatural... *thumbs Wikipedia*

Is the raincoat part of it for you? Seem to remember Tennant wearing one, although Daryl would have just climbed a tree or something.

Quote: zooo @ 4th August 2023, 12:16 PM

They're not actually related, but they do look the same. And they are both extremely avatar worthy.

Avatar worthy is a good phrase. Suggests interest, but conceals night sweats and stalking. On the subject of lookalikes, I watched the whole of series 2 of Fargo thinking Bokeem Woodbine was Dave Chapelle.

Quote: chipolata @ 3rd August 2023, 9:10 PM

Hello to Godot. Just looked back at the Doctor Who thread in your honour and realised how fun it was.

I just had a look. It's so long I couldn't find a post by me even after looking for ten minutes.

I remember I was good though.

Just seen the post and *yes* I am back*, hopefully I'll be posting regularly now I'm getting tired of Tattle.life slagging off fatties. Mark and Aaron do an amazing job and this is one of my favourite forums, bar a couple of past flounces.

*nobody asked did they "Mrs Logic"? Don't make it ALL about you, eh?

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 10th August 2023, 12:09 PM

Ah, of course... Supernatural... *thumbs Wikipedia*

Is the raincoat part of it for you? Seem to remember Tennant wearing one, although Daryl would have just climbed a tree or something.

Yes, I like to imagine them flashing me in a park.
But you're right, Daryl probably couldn't carry off a raincoat. Or an umbrella.

Avatar worthy is a good phrase. Suggests interest, but conceals night sweats and stalking. On the subject of lookalikes, I watched the whole of series 2 of Fargo thinking Bokeem Woodbine was Dave Chapelle.

They do look pretty similar!

Quote: MrsLogicFromViz @ 12th August 2023, 4:08 PM

*nobody asked did they "Mrs Logic"? Don't make it ALL about you, eh?

:D
Good to see you back!

Quote: zooo @ 12th August 2023, 4:42 PM

:D
Good to see you back!

Thank you 😊

Quote: zooo @ 12th August 2023, 4:42 PM

😂

Happy Anniversary to the BSG
How can I tell how many years I've been a member?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 14th August 2023, 9:51 PM

Happy Anniversary to the BSG
How can I tell how many years I've been a member?

It says on your profile. Just click on a name to see it (yours says "member since November 2008").

Cheers mate
Almost 15 years out of the 20
and in that time I definitely contributed at least one subjectively funny sketch on Critique and 4 and a half decent jokes on the general forum
So I'm pleased with that output

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 14th August 2023, 11:12 PM

Cheers mate
Almost 15 years out of the 20
and in that time I definitely contributed at least one subjectively funny sketch on Critique and 4 and a half decent jokes on the general forum
So I'm pleased with that output

I recall you and Mrs Sunshine attending a BCG meetup in a pub located near Euston Station about eight or so years ago. Renegade Car Park (RIP :() and sootyj were also present. I was amazed just how RCP differed from his online persona as he was *so* charming. That's not to say that everyone else wasn't, but I cannot recall everyone's nom de plumes.

Ah yes
I think I remember who you are now

Quote: MrsLogicFromViz @ 16th August 2023, 9:25 PM

I recall you and Mrs Sunshine attending a BCG meetup in a pub located near Euston Station about eight or so years ago. Renegade Car Park (RIP :() and sootyj were also present. I was amazed just how RCP differed from his online persona as he was *so* charming. That's not to say that everyone else wasn't, but I cannot recall everyone's nom de plumes.

I think I was there or one around that time soon after my partner died. I remember RCP saying to me something like death wasn't all it's cracked up to be. I thought he was being an arsehole but in retrospect I think he was probably facing it too at the time.

I joined in 2007 and have had a lot of fun here, but less in recent years as the forum - like all online forums - is less active and I have other hobbies/responsibilities these days.

For me, the finest moment in BCG history remains the very first official meetup in Greenwich back in September 2008 (only 15 years ago...)

April 2007, for me.

On checking, I clocked on in 2011, and apart from the odd flounce have been here ever since.
All hail Mark and Aaron!