20 years of BCG Page 4

Quote: Ben @ 26th August 2023, 1:27 PM

I joined in 2007 and have had a lot of fun here, but less in recent years as the forum - like all online forums - is less active and I have other hobbies/responsibilities these days.

For me, the finest moment in BCG history remains the very first official meetup in Greenwich back in September 2008 (only 15 years ago...)

I remember that. Especially trying to get home afterwards. Public transport had finished and I set off on foot. Before sat navs etc and I spent hours trying to get back to Sutton. I think it was about 7 in the morning after getting lost numerous times.

Quote: Chappers @ 28th August 2023, 1:42 PM

I remember that. Especially trying to get home afterwards. Public transport had finished and I set off on foot. Before sat navs etc and I spent hours trying to get back to Sutton. I think it was about 7 in the morning after getting lost numerous times.

There was also some issue with the underground line into Greenwich. A reduced service and then it ended at 8pm or something ridiculous. I got lost on the buses as a result, which may have been down to all the booze...

Quote: Ben @ 29th August 2023, 6:36 PM

There was also some issue with the underground line into Greenwich. A reduced service and then it ended at 8pm or something ridiculous. I got lost on the buses as a result, which may have been down to all the booze...

Booze???? Nah - nothing to do with that. Were we drinking?

If it is decided to have another meet-up, please don't forget not to invite me.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 30th August 2023, 8:03 AM

If it is decided to have another meet-up, please don't forget not to invite me.

Of course Billy. You're first on the list of people not to invite.

Are there any photos from any of those old meetups?

Quote: Chappers @ 30th August 2023, 7:59 PM

Of course Billy. You're first on the list of people not to invite.

Thanks. That's set my mind at rest.

Quote: a plate @ 30th August 2023, 8:59 PM

Are there any photos from any of those old meetups?

Yes, that would be nice - anyone have any?

I know there were some. Steven might have some.

Oh..........Steve - mayhap you could post some photies, please? It would be very interesting to see what some people look like. Dave I know because he had an avatar photo once, and you I know from your appearance on Countdown. 🙂

I think Billwill always used to send them encrypted
lest anyone didn't want their face popped up on the BCG without permission.

I'm pals with Chappers on Facebook so he's probably seen a pic of me with Renegade Carpark, and others back in the day.
Aww I do miss that man very much, ( not Chappers , renegade Carpark )
He was so bloody funny, great company and so kind hearted
He was actually going to come over to mine for a drink and a bit of Ping Pong on the week he passed.
He'd been round before with SootyJ and got a bit thrashed at the ping pong ( not By SootyJ) so was keen to get revenge

*Raises Glass

Here's to you James wherever you are making them laugh now
Definitely a shoe in for the BCG hall of fame

I used to have a few photos from those early meetups. Probably all long gone now.

And no one wants to see pictures of me in my mid-20s...

That fine head of hair would make Chappers too jealous anyway