20 years of BCG Page 2

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 2nd August 2023, 4:09 PM

Can't believe you left me out of that venerable list Dave. Were all those affectionate bald jokes I cracked back in the day wasted? And Sootyj, great as he was and is, came over on one of the small boats from Chortle in 2008, he wasn't here in the early days, when we literally had to carve each post out of granite with our bare hands.

I tried very hard to forget you.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 1st August 2023, 10:26 PM

About time you got a proper job then 😊

They don't need to. We're paying their wages.

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd August 2023, 6:24 PM

I tried very hard to forget you.

Aw, mate.

Quote: zooo @ 2nd August 2023, 5:24 PM

Wish I bloody was.
Hi, Godot!

And who's the heartbreaker in the raincoat?

Quote: Niki Walton @ 2nd August 2023, 10:48 AM

Congratulations Aaron, Mark and the website! when it was still the British Sitcom Guide. Looking forward to the next 20 years 🥳

Echo the above. I'm guessing the slow death of British sitcom meant they had to expand to prevent it becoming merely a nostalgia website, a bit like the forums now or mine and Herc's quizzes. If it was launched today it would be as The British Panel Show Guide.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 3rd August 2023, 12:15 AM

And who's the heartbreaker in the raincoat?

The venerable Castiel from Supernatural. Or if you've never heard of that, pretend it's Columbo.

Quote: zooo @ 3rd August 2023, 7:02 PM

The venerable Castiel from Supernatural. Or if you've never heard of that, pretend it's Columbo.

Good Lord! I genuinely always thought the bloke in your avatar was Mark Heap! There is a bit of a resemblance there though isn't there? (Obviously I don't mean in his role as Jim in Friday Night Dinner, but when he looks like his normal self).

Hello to Godot. Just looked back at the Doctor Who thread in your honour and realised how fun it was.

Quote: zooo @ 3rd August 2023, 7:02 PM

His son's not bad either.

Quote: a plate @ 3rd August 2023, 8:26 PM

Good Lord! I genuinely always thought the bloke in your avatar was Mark Heap!

Hmm, now you say it, the pic does look a bit like him! Mark Heap is quite handsome as himself.

Quote: chipolata @ 3rd August 2023, 9:10 PM

His son's not bad either.

Jack?

Quote: zooo @ 3rd August 2023, 9:37 PM

Jack?

Yes. I did think the actor playing him was actually Misha Collins's son in real life as well, but google refuses to back me up on that.

Quote: chipolata @ 4th August 2023, 11:43 AM

Yes. I did think the actor playing him was actually Misha Collins's son in real life as well, but google refuses to back me up on that.

They're not actually related, but they do look the same. And they are both extremely avatar worthy.

Quote: zooo @ 4th August 2023, 12:16 PM

They're not actually related, but they do look the same. And they are both extremely avatar worthy.

No idea who either of them are or what they've appeared in.

They're in the band Pulp.

I see that I've been wasting time on here since 2007.

You're welcome.

:D

Congratulations to everyone at BCG past and present who wield the proverbial wrench and spanner to keep it ticking over.

"British comedy, Eddie. Best in the world".