Vintage adverts Page 6

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 30th January 2022, 10:09 AM

Not those coupons, but Embassy coupons.
My grandma saved hers up to buy me my first tool when I started my apprenticeship at 15 and a half (Easter leaver)
It was a claw hammer with a hickory shaft.
I still have it today.

A lot of that stuff was cheap tat though, especially the Green or Pink Shield stamps.

Not bad for 1977...........

I've just thought of this :

Brilliant! Stuck his head in a dustbin.

I used to buy the 2/- one at Woolies every Saturday for helping my father on his delivery round.
I'd grown out of them by 1963 though.

Now highly collectable now, especially if it is still in kit form and in original box.

I used to buy and build them. You could get an Airfix paint kit too.
Every year around bonfire night I would sacrifice a Messerschmitt ME 109 by screwing hooks into the top and running a line from my bedroom window to the garden gate.
The plane would slide down it looking like it was strafing the ground then I'd place a banger inside, light it and now it looked like a plane on fire and it would explode into a 100 bits. It was thrilling for a young lad.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 3rd February 2022, 7:43 AM

Every year around bonfire night I would sacrifice a Messerschmitt ME 109 by screwing hooks into the top and running a line from my bedroom window to the garden gate.
The plane would slide down it looking like it was strafing the ground then I'd place a banger inside, light it and now it looked like a plane on fire and it would explode into a 100 bits. It was thrilling for a young lad.

Love it!! And how clever - did you make machine gun noises? ?

running a line from my bedroom window to the garden gate.

Not just me then :)

If you recreated that now you could film it on your phone.

Even the ads had proper English in them days.

And speaking of proper English, but some puns are clever - from 1991