TV Reminders Page 11

Just out of interest Herc. How many discs do you have and do you ever watch them?

Over 400 I've recorded myself (apart from the bought ones) and yes, I dip into them when there is nothing on the TV I want to see, but that is not the point really - it's that it is TV history that I know is there should I want to see it, and have in the past done swaps with like minded people who want copies of rare (inasmuch as the TV companies will NEVER release them - rights blah de blah etc. etc. bollocks) TV shows

For fans of early musical hall etc. - This Sunday on TPTV, "Sing as You Swing" (1937) for half an hour at 6.30 am, and "Gaslight Follies" (1945) for an hour at 8.45am

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th October 2023, 11:39 PM

Well, that's short-sighted, as you could say the same about Hitler who has had many, many films and docs. made about his life, apart from serial killers/rapists such as Christie or Sutcliffe.
Burying your head in the sand won't change anything

I agree but the show has been made for entertainment purposes not educational purposes. It didn't need to be made and only exists for profit. I doubt anyone who watches it will learn anything of value.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th November 2023, 11:48 AM

For fans of early musical hall etc. - This Sunday on TPTV, "Sing as You Swing" (1937) for half an hour at 6.30 am, and "Gaslight Follies" (1945) for an hour at 8.45am

Thanks (I won't say for the "heads-up"). The two of them neatly book-ending a Frankie Howerd film I see.

Although I think I'll rely on my Skybox recording facility rather than my alarm.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 18th November 2023, 1:21 PM

Thanks (I won't say for the "heads-up"). .

You're welcome 🙂, but you did in a way 😣

For all you heavy rock fans...................

This Friday on Sky Arts 9:00pm, a series of 3 only "Greatest Guitar Riffs"

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th November 2023, 12:05 AM

The repeats of "Winter Walks" on BBC4,.......................

ALSO, enjoying the new series of "Villages by the Sea", with another good speaker in Dr. Ben Robinson, who makes the subject so interesting

Finishes Monday with Adrian Chiles (odd day to finish a series, as there were more), then from Tuesday they are repeating the similar "Walking with..............", but I can't remember whether it was with the 360% camera - same time (7.30) and same length though, half hour.

Excellent "Walking with Monica Galetti" last night, and tonight BBC4 7.30 it comes down from the north to the Kent coast around Dungeness with Jim Moir, which I remember now enjoying too.

Now in me Humax - cheers :) I quite like Adrian Chiles, maybe him being a Brummie so almost local helps.

I await Jim Moir with interest. Big Night Out and Shooting Stars were glorious but I found his panel show appearances (8/10 Cats) very pooer :(

"Sykes" Thursday 21st 8 pm on BBC4 - "Christmas Party".

One of the funniest episodes ever for me, as Eric and Hattie spend a Christmas evening with Corky's family, and meet his weird cousin Clara, played superbly by the wonderful Sheila Steafel- she has me in absolute hysterics when she does her party piece as a demented piano player.

5Select channel tonight:

8pm - 10pm - Victoria Wood documentary

10pm - midnight - Britain's Favourite 70s Comedy

Quote: fasty @ 12th December 2023, 10:05 AM

Now in me Humax - cheers :) I quite like Adrian Chiles, maybe him being a Brummie so almost local helps.

I await Jim Moir with interest. Big Night Out and Shooting Stars were glorious but I found his panel show appearances (8/10 Cats) very pooer :(

I have a Humax box too. I bought it when I got rid of Virgin Media which put their prices up £5 every 6 months.
It paid for itself within months.
They are excellent recorders.