TV Reminders Page 10

If you like Old Music Hall...................

Variety Jubilee (1943)

This morning (Sunday) at 7.20 -9.10 am on TPTV

Tomorrow on TPTV - "Brighton Rock" 12.40 - 14.30.

If you haven't seen it, then do so! Absolutely brilliant film, set in a seamy mid 1930s Brighton, with 25 year old Richard Attenborough giving a master class in acting as the young nasty teenage thug.

I will be watching it again.

By the way, Billy - just noticed his nickname was Bunter - not a lot of people know that.....................

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th September 2023, 9:11 AM

Tomorrow on TPTV - "Brighton Rock" 12.40 - 14.30.

If you haven't seen it, then do so! Absolutely brilliant film, set in a seamy mid 1930s Brighton, with 25 year old Richard Attenborough giving a master class in acting as the young nasty teenage thug.

I will be watching it again.

By the way, Billy - just noticed his nickname was Bunter - not a lot of people know that.....................

There is a similarity.

Meanwhile, Diana Dors: The Blonde Bombshell 10pm tonight (Sunday) on 5 Select (no me neither - Freeview 46; Sky 153; Virgin 138 apparently).

"She dreamt of being a serious actress but was promoted as a sex symbol, went bankrupt in her 30s and found new fame at 50. This profile explores the life of Diana Dors."

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 17th September 2023, 6:43 PM

There is a similarity.

Meanwhile, Diana Dors: The Blonde Bombshell 10pm tonight (Sunday) on 5 Select (no me neither - Freeview 46; Sky 153; Virgin 138 apparently).

"She dreamt of being a serious actress but was promoted as a sex symbol, went bankrupt in her 30s and found new fame at 50. This profile explores the life of Diana Dors."

Already on the digi-box

Originally on the Sky History channel "Why do the Brits win every war", with a tongue in cheek debate and re-enactment of famous battles, with celebrity "enemies", for example Fred Sirieix re Napoleonic Wars and Henning When re World War 2 etc. etc.

The funny series is being repeated on the Blaze channel tonight 8-9 pm on Virgin 174 Freeview 64 or Sky 164

Worth a look!

After 1066 we are all technically French aren't we...?

😋

Now then, now then - Guys and Gals, (jewellery, jewellery, jangle, jangle) 'ow's about the one and only Steve Coogan in "The Reckoning" on Monday BBC1 9.00pm.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th October 2023, 11:49 AM

Now then, now then - Guys and Gals, (jewellery, jewellery, jangle, jangle) 'ow's about the one and only Steve Coogan in "The Reckoning" on Monday BBC1 9.00pm.

Love Coogan but I won't be watching

I'm just not interested in watching a drama about that vile piece of filth

He's dead, f**k him , move on

Quote: lofthouse @ 7th October 2023, 9:03 PM

Love Coogan but I won't be watching

I'm just not interested in watching a drama about that vile piece of filth

He's dead, f**k him , move on

Well, that's short-sighted, as you could say the same about Hitler who has had many, many films and docs. made about his life, apart from serial killers/rapists such as Christie or Sutcliffe.
Burying your head in the sand won't change anything

I've been listening to the great 'Uncanny' podcast for the last couple of years on BBC sounds

The tv version starts at 9pm on BBC2 tonight

👻

Just didn't fancy it, as The Graudian stated "........this paranomal show's nonsense. Ghosts? Do me a favour.

Now then, now then, guys and gals, (jewellery, jewellery, jangle, jangle) tune in Tuesday 31st at 9.00pm on ITV to see my mate Rolf in "Hiding in Plain Sight", you see 'cos they've done me, and now it's his turn.

Thanks but I'll be busy stapling my balls to a table and beating them wafer thin with a meat tenderiser

No. I agree. I've no intention of watching the Saville show. Not a big fan of Coogan anyway.

Repeat run of the excellent "Winter Walks" on BBC4 every night at 7. Last night was Selina Scott and tonight was the black poet Lemn Sissay, who was on House of Games recently.

Really enjoying these again and will burn them to a disc when the series is finished.

Should appeal mostly to all you northern gits (Stephen!?) as they mainly cover the Yorkshire Dales.