TV Reminders Page 8

I restrict myself to the 1950s when I can, otherwise I'd be forever watching films!

Terry-Thomas OK, but not a fan of Bud Flanagan.

Sit Coms feature large in BBC4's 100 years of the BBC celebrations this week. Some that have been repeated many times over the years such as Dad's Army, One Foot in the Grave, Porridge and The Good Life but also rare outings for the likes of Hancock's Half Hour (7pm tonight, Sunday), Steptoe & Son (11.40 tonight), Till Death Us Do Part (10 minutes past midnight tonight) and The Liver Birds (7.30pm Tuesday).

Surprised there doesn't appear to be any Likely Lads though.

Check out this week's listings on the BBC4 channel for the duration of this televisual feast.

I saw that there was an episode of Reginald Perrin but I think it's one of those things you have to watch in its entirety - not just a one-off episode.

Not bothering as I've seen every episode of these classic sitcoms dozens of times

It's merely a sad reminder that "they don't make them like this anymore"

Open All Hours tonight at 7 on BBC4

Quote: JJlovescomedy @ 25th October 2022, 1:58 PM

Open All Hours tonight at 7 on BBC4

More excitingly (if that's the right word) - as it's repeated far more rarely - The Liver Birds at 7.30.

Two Doors Down tonight at 10 on BBC2

This coming Wednesday on Sky Arts 9:00pm "Spike Milligan - Unseen Archive", followed at 10:30 by "The Undiscovered Hancock".

Looks like two cracking programmes, and my digi-box is set. ?

Two Legends indeed, i look forward to watching them!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 3rd December 2022, 12:02 PM

This coming Wednesday on Sky Arts 9:00pm "Spike Milligan - Unseen Archive", followed at 10:30 by "The Undiscovered Hancock".

Looks like two cracking programmes, and my digi-box is set. ?

How do they find these unseen things? How do they know what's on them?

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd December 2022, 12:32 PM

How do they find these unseen things? How do they know what's on them?

Usually, when the comedy historians find "lost tapes" I'd guess. Its happening quite often, long unseen footage resurfing after decades unseen.

I recently found series 3 of Fawlty Towers in my loft

It's shit

Quote: JJlovescomedy @ 3rd December 2022, 12:50 PM

Usually, when the comedy historians find "lost tapes" I'd guess. Its happening quite often, long unseen footage resurfing after decades unseen.

So obviously someone has seen them so in reality they are not unseen.

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd December 2022, 2:00 PM

Yeah that's very true, they're called "unseen" for publicty purposes so when you read a headline saying "Lost Morecambe and Wise sketch found" or similar, it causes a huge sensation in the media.

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd December 2022, 2:00 PM

Bloody Hell, you're in a picky mood today - lose a big wedge on a gee-gee again?

Try and help people out, get no thanks and nit picking ?