Taskmaster - Series 10

Taskmaster. Image shows from L to R: Greg Davies, Alex Horne. Copyright: Avalon Television.

Taskmaster

TV format in which Greg Davies and Alex Horne set a group of comedians various outlandish challenges

Hercules Grytpype Thynne

• Wednesday 29th July 2020, 11:09am
  • England
  • 17,267 posts

Looking good for the autumn..................

"The line-up for the 10th series of Taskmaster has been revealed.

This Country star Daisy May Cooper, comedian and actor Johnny Vegas, comic actress Katherine Parkinson, comedian and actor Mawaan Rizwan and comedian and podcaster Richard Herring have been announced as the five contestants taking part in the new series."

No longer on Dave though, so let's hope Channel 4 don't muck it about.

Chris Hallam

• Wednesday 29th July 2020, 11:39am
  • Exeter, United Kingdom
  • 434 posts

I don't know Mawaan Rizwan yet but Daisy May Cooper, Johnny Vegas, Katherine Parkinson and Richard Herring should all be great. Looking forward it!

Firkin

• Wednesday 29th July 2020, 2:26pm [Edited]
  • United Kingdom
  • 990 posts
Quote: Chris Hallam @ 29th July 2020, 11:39 AM

Mawaan Rizwan ...... Johnny Vegas

The former is a camp chap of middle eastern heritage (he's good) , the latter is a comedy legend (he's brilliant). Johnny's improvised ramblings are perfect for this, did you know he comes from the pie making capital of England (Wigan way, St Helens) ?

Hercules Grytpype Thynne

• Wednesday 29th July 2020, 2:58pm
  • England
  • 17,267 posts
Quote: Firkin @ 29th July 2020, 2:26 PM

.........................the latter is a comedy legend (he's brilliant). Johnny's improvised ramblings are perfect for this, did you know he comes from the pie making capital of England (Wigan way, St Helens) ?

I guessed that as he appears to have ate them all.

Sitcomfan64

• Wednesday 29th July 2020, 4:48pm
  • England
  • 732 posts

This is an amazing line up, and all it took was Richard Herring complaining about not being invited on for 9 series before he got booked!

Johnny Vegas will be amazing, like the chaotic energy of Joe Wilkinson, Tim Key and Rhod Gilbert all rolled into one.

zooo

• Wednesday 29th July 2020, 7:17pm [Edited]
  • United Kingdom
  • 69,195 posts

Love Daisy, Katherine and Richard, so I can't wait!
It is going to be a bit different since there's no audience members this time. But I'm sure they'll figure out a way to give it the same atmosphere.

Sitcomfan64

• Thursday 15th October 2020, 4:01pm
  • England
  • 732 posts

Cannot wait to watch the first episode tonight! Johnny Vegas is going to be anarchy personified.

Hercules Grytpype Thynne

• Thursday 15th October 2020, 4:27pm
  • England
  • 17,267 posts

Been watching the repeats on Dave each lunchtime off my digi-box, and some are simply hysterical comedy gold- never fail to make me laugh, so this C4 series has a lot to live up to!!

Greg Davies is superb!!

Hercules Grytpype Thynne

• Friday 16th October 2020, 2:50pm
  • England
  • 17,267 posts

For some reason my digi-box didn't record the first ep., despite a series link which is there for next week and so on, so watched it on Catch Up.

Yes, good, but it's Greg that makes it for me with his comments and observations.

Sitcomfan64

• Friday 16th October 2020, 4:45pm
  • England
  • 732 posts

I loved Episode 1! A brilliant mix of contestants. I expected Vegas to be the standout, but so far it's Daisy May Cooper.