Taskmaster - Series 10

Looking good for the autumn..................

"The line-up for the 10th series of Taskmaster has been revealed.

This Country star Daisy May Cooper, comedian and actor Johnny Vegas, comic actress Katherine Parkinson, comedian and actor Mawaan Rizwan and comedian and podcaster Richard Herring have been announced as the five contestants taking part in the new series."

No longer on Dave though, so let's hope Channel 4 don't muck it about.

I don't know Mawaan Rizwan yet but Daisy May Cooper, Johnny Vegas, Katherine Parkinson and Richard Herring should all be great. Looking forward it!

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 29th July 2020, 11:39 AM

Mawaan Rizwan ...... Johnny Vegas

The former is a camp chap of middle eastern heritage (he's good) , the latter is a comedy legend (he's brilliant). Johnny's improvised ramblings are perfect for this, did you know he comes from the pie making capital of England (Wigan way, St Helens) ?

Quote: Firkin @ 29th July 2020, 2:26 PM

.........................the latter is a comedy legend (he's brilliant). Johnny's improvised ramblings are perfect for this, did you know he comes from the pie making capital of England (Wigan way, St Helens) ?

I guessed that as he appears to have ate them all.

This is an amazing line up, and all it took was Richard Herring complaining about not being invited on for 9 series before he got booked!

Johnny Vegas will be amazing, like the chaotic energy of Joe Wilkinson, Tim Key and Rhod Gilbert all rolled into one.

Love Daisy, Katherine and Richard, so I can't wait!
It is going to be a bit different since there's no audience members this time. But I'm sure they'll figure out a way to give it the same atmosphere.

Cannot wait to watch the first episode tonight! Johnny Vegas is going to be anarchy personified.

Been watching the repeats on Dave each lunchtime off my digi-box, and some are simply hysterical comedy gold- never fail to make me laugh, so this C4 series has a lot to live up to!!

Greg Davies is superb!!

For some reason my digi-box didn't record the first ep., despite a series link which is there for next week and so on, so watched it on Catch Up.

Yes, good, but it's Greg that makes it for me with his comments and observations.

I loved Episode 1! A brilliant mix of contestants. I expected Vegas to be the standout, but so far it's Daisy May Cooper.

The tasks in the warehouse have been good so far, so that's one positive of a bigger budget.

I've never really been a fan of the live tasks, though, and hoped that they'd be dropped.

Just watched Ep. 2 and sad to report it hasn't improved for me. I don't know if it's the sitting far apart, but it seems to have lost it's spark, whereas the many recent repeats have mostly been hilarious.

Shame, but will stick with it for now and hope it gets better.

I really enjoyed Johnny going crazy trying to make as many noises as possible. The dinghy task was a lot if fun. It is different without the audience but it continues to make me laugh out loud constantly.

Still watching it, but again sad to say it is not a patch on any of the previous, which I am also watching as they appear on various channels.

Only saving grace is Daisy May Cooper and Greg's very funny comments.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 23rd October 2020, 3:13 PM

Just watched Ep. 2 and sad to report it hasn't improved for me. I don't know if it's the sitting far apart, but it seems to have lost it's spark....

I know what you mean Herc. But I've not seen any of this crop do many other panel shows, or high energy improvised comedy. Maybe that's why ? Johnny Vegas feels improvised, but I've mostly seen him doing stand up or acting. They were always going to run out of sure thing contestants.