Gavin and Stacey Christmas Special 2019

Gavin & Stacey. Image shows from L to R: Bryn (Rob Brydon), Gwen (Melanie Walters), Nessa (Ruth Jones), Stacey (Joanna Page), Gavin (Mathew Horne), Smithy (James Corden), Pam (Alison Steadman), Mick (Larry Lamb). Copyright: Baby Cow Productions.

Gavin & Stacey

A critic-pleasing, gentle and warm comedy about the romance between an Essex lad and Welsh girl

Rood Eye

• Tuesday 28th May 2019, 10:28am [Edited]
  • England
  • 2,281 posts

I remember watching the first episode of "Gavin and Stacey" and, within the first few seconds, thinking it was going to be an all-round high-quality affair.

And it was.

It might not be everybody's cup of tea but it's a very nice cup of tea all the same.

Feeoree

• Tuesday 28th May 2019, 11:18am
  • Basildon, England
  • 571 posts

Agree with you both, I enjoy it. The first 2 series and Christmas special I found fun, and though - in my opinion - the quality kinda dropped for series 3, I still liked it until the end. I too watch the special each Christmas (thanks Gold and BBC).

I had been thinking of re-watching them as it has been ages since I've watched the main series, what better time than now? (Well, could save it for Autumn/December so it's nearer the time).

Feeoree

• Thursday 20th June 2019, 3:37pm [Edited]
  • Basildon, England
  • 571 posts

Huh. If anyone's planning a re-watch before Christmas and don't have the box set, and just Netflix to watch it on then do it before 14th July as it leaves Netflix then.

That said, I'm guessing the reason it's leaving Netflix is maybe Amazon have snapped it up or BBC will make the box set available via iPlayer.

If not, there's always Gold's rolling repeats.

Netflix is missing Series 3 either way, so wherever it goes it'll probably have it this time.