British Comedy Quiz Page 63

Another fun quiz.
Got my usual total and utter shit score (2 plus 2) but as I said before, I only really count ones I know for sure (Vic Reeves and Derek this week) and educated guesses (none).

OK, I knew numbers 1, 3, 4, 5 & 9 this week. No idea about any of the others. So 5/10.

But, Herc, did you not say a couple of weeks ago:

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th November 2023, 11:23 AM

Quiz 280

Also, "Mike & Angelo" - 180 episodes? So what? Are we including children's television in the questions now?!?!?

Gripe over, but hope the powers that be will take notice and give us a totally adult quiz.

Yet, in your previous quiz, we had a question on Wallace and Gromit and this week Chicken Run. Just saying...

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 29th November 2023, 9:21 AM

But, Herc, did you not say a couple of weeks ago:
quote]
[quote name="Hercules Grytpype Thynne" post="1274458" date="15th November 2023, 11:23 AM"]Quiz 280
"Mike & Angelo" - 180 episodes? So what? Are we including children's television in the questions now?!?!?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 29th November 2023, 9:21 AM

Yet, in your previous quiz, we had a question on Wallace and Gromit and this week Chicken Run. Just saying...

Since when have Aardman animation films been children's television!?!?

Nice one Herc! Pleased with my 9/10 and 3/5 there.

Got Nos. 7, 12 & 15 wrong. Seen a few eps of No.7 so should've been paying attention more.

Quote: Niki Walton @ 29th November 2023, 4:36 PM

Nice one Herc! Pleased with my 9/10 and 3/5 there.

Got Nos. 7, 12 & 15 wrong. Seen a few eps of No.7 so should've been paying attention more.

Excellent! AND you got No. 11 correct!!! Mark moved that one down into the extra 5 as he said he doubted whether anyone would remember it., so very well done.

And well done all the other peeps! 😊

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th November 2023, 10:19 AM

Since when have Aardman animation films been children's television!?!?

Well in fairness to Master Bunter, you could say since since 2007, as their Shaun the Sheep has been on CBeebies since then, not strictly a film but is a derivation of a short film and a serialisation featuring the same star.

A Close Shave is possibly my least favourite W&G, I found it a bit woolly. Still good though.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 30th November 2023, 10:22 AM

Well in fairness to Master Bunter, you could say since since 2007, as their Shaun the Sheep has been on CBeebies since then, not strictly a film but is a derivation of a short film.

The original STS is possibly my least favourite W&G, I found it a bit woolly. Still good though.

Nope, won't accept that - Shaun the Sheep is children's TV I agree (though I like it) BUT it is not Wallace & Gromit or Chicken Run for that matter, which has, and was made for, an adult audience.

Hmm hmm hmmmmm... well I'd have to opine that they were made for family viewing and/or viewers of all ages inc. kids. Shame there won't be anymore W&Gs though. The shorts were their best format for me although TCOTWR was very good.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th November 2023, 4:56 PM

Excellent! AND you got No. 11 correct!!! Mark moved that one down into the extra 5 as he said he doubted whether anyone would remember it., so very well done.

And well done all the other peeps! 😊

It's a while since I last saw that episode so I think my answer to that question was 25% filed away in a corner of my brain and 75% guesswork. But it was a good question though I'd agree it's definitely one for the Extra 5.

Quiz 283 from Kate Emmett! Sticking with the animals thing we've got horses this time...
6/10 for me - started really well, I knew the first 5, then the rest were guesses. (Although I did watch 15 Storeys High I don't remember much about it).

Correct: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9.

Enjoyed the quiz! Works well having a theme.
Got 7 out of 10. Got the last three wrong.

Quiz 283 - very good quiz, as although being on a theme, it was still a very good mix. What's next? Elephants? 😁

Thought I was going to sail through it, as got the first five no problem, but then..........................7/10 & 3/5

Did I do well in this quiz? Neigh.
5/15 but all guesses except Rentaghost. That tells you something.
I want a quiz on mongeese.

7/10. Like most other people, it seems, I got numbers 1-5. Number 7 was an "educated guess".

Also knew #9. The film was based on the exploits of a real racehorse and I saw the film for that reason at the Bognor Regis Picturedrome.

That was a fun quiz! Pleased with my 8/10 and 3/5 there.

Got 9, 10, 11, 15 wrong. Bit annoyed at myself for #15 when I realised I was thinking of a completely different sketch with my answer. The other three wrong answers were complete guesses.