Newsjack Series 19 Page 18

Quote: Mrkgrngr @ 1st October 2018, 1:40 PM

As tricky as I find Newsjackpedia, writing to a limited format is kinda what comedy writing is about. By that I mean if you get a job writing comedy, you'll have to write to a brief or voice anyway so we might as well get practicing.

Thank you: good advice. That is exactly how I will look at it from now on. I may not get time to write two sketches every week, but I will always force myself to get six one-liners in, by hook or by crook.

In addition to the Twitter competition , another slight worry this week ( and every fortnight ) is to come up with a pithy one liner and find something similar in Wednesdays Private Eye
Another pointer to try for one of the less obvious news stories

At the risk of stepping on anyone's toes, I really hope that a certain country holding a people's vote into changing its name doesn't give up another Country McCountryFace joke. It was brilliant when it was first done, four series ago, but they've done variations on it several times since, with massively diminishing comedic results.

Quote: Callooh Callay @ 1st October 2018, 2:02 PM

At the risk of stepping on anyone's toes, I really hope that a certain country holding a people's vote into changing its name doesn't give up another Country McCountryFace joke. It was brilliant when it was first done, four series ago, but they've done variations on it several times since, with massively diminishing comedic results.

I second mcsecond face that

Well done. You've proved me wrong, in that there still is mileage in that joke.

Is it just me, or does the standard of recorded oneliners seem more Mcselective so far this season? or maybe I'm just less grumpy these days? Eh?

Quote: Danno @ 1st October 2018, 3:22 PM

Is it just me, or does the standard of recorded oneliners seem more Mcselective so far this season? or maybe I'm just less grumpy these days? Eh?

I know what you mean.

Just sent my oneliners for this week in!

I waited until the very last few minutes to try and get as topical and recent as possible!

You never know, that might make a difference mightn't it!

Good luck for Episode 4 everyone!

J x

Anyone else have a delay on confirmation?

I only managed the one liners this week. Just had nothing for sketches.

Got mine in about 830 this morning. Three of each. Here's hoping...... and good luck to fellow forumites

Quote: Thosisd @ 2nd October 2018, 12:05 PM

I haven't this series, but it has happened to me before!

In fact I think the last thing I had on had a delay in confirmation, so you never know it could be a good omen!

J x

Quote: Thosisd @ 2nd October 2018, 12:05 PM

Think mine were confirmed within 10 mins

A pretty underwhelming batch from me this week - had to finish them at work so it was a bit of a rush job.

One-liners: Oldest referee dies | Geoffrey from Rainbow | Lindsay Lohan
Newsjackipedia: Kanye West | Jose Mourinho | Baby Shark

Mine was 9 minutes so ended up being time stamped after deadline. Double checked and had the all clear.

Quote: sillysausage @ 2nd October 2018, 12:26 PM

A pretty underwhelming batch from me this week - had to finish them at work so it was a bit of a rush job.

One-liners: Oldest referee dies | Geoffrey from Rainbow | Lindsay Lohan
Newsjackipedia: Kanye West | Jose Mourinho | Baby Shark

I went with :
Oneliners - Beckham / Geoffrey from Rainbow / Welsh NHS dentists
Newsjackipedia Kanye / The Cry / Physics