Newsjack Series 19 Page 23

nor me.

Quote: Danno @ 8th October 2018, 10:21 AM

nor me.

No show this week then!

Sketches are in one I'm pretty happy with after a lot of work and some help (about Cardiff council banning dogs from sports pitches) and a sketch about the manspreading bleach attack video being Kremlin propaganda (which started as a nice idea but didn't have nearly enough jokes in).

Anyway you have to be in it to have a chance of your material 'actually being in it'

Quote: TheKingLobotomy @ 8th October 2018, 10:03 AM

No auto reply for me either.

FYI I think they get fairly sick of telling people that they've received your sketches even though you didn't get the auto reply - they get asked a lot and also based on a tweet I received last series.

Nor me too.
Did one on targeted ads from people's data at a leisurely pace then had an idea today centred around the rich leaving the country due to Corbyn; by the time I was able to write it was 10:40 so it was far, far too long and unedited then sent 2 minutes before 12.

Good luck everyone. I rushed together one on removing expiration dates from fruit and veg and one of deaths linked to selfies.

Not feeling too positive but pleased I'm back in the game this week.

Thanks for getting back to me guys I've sent it via rtf. One sketch.

Getting no auto reply has made me nervous but glad I'm not the only one.

@Auditchris - Late to the party, but well done on your sketch. What a superb, original take on that story.

Quote: Callooh Callay @ 8th October 2018, 2:19 PM

@Auditchris - Late to the party, but well done on your sketch. What a superb, original take on that story.

Thank you! Really appreciate that.

No auto reply for me either, probably because I failed to submit any sketches ( excuses are half a days car booting, various orders to pack and general household trivia to deal with )
However I plan a full house of oneliners and njps, and, as usual, brimming with misplaced confidence as I whittle my shortlist down

Good luck to all you sketch submittees

Quote: Auditchris @ 4th October 2018, 6:29 PM

I'm not believing anything until I've at least had an email...

Ok, I'm in. Feel a bit sick.

Congratulations!

Quote: Callooh Callay @ 4th October 2018, 6:37 PM

Got a nearly, but edited out, email. Congrats all who survived the ruthless editor!

Yeah, as far as I recall, you were the first, that's your joke, and everything since has been a pale imitation!

Aw thanks! And congrats on the nearly email.

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ 4th October 2018, 6:51 PM

Well done Auditchris. I've also got in. I'm really hoping it was for my Tory Conference party app sketch (it was about Boris being scammed by telephone fraudsters) as it's one of the best sketches I've written. But it was probably for a one liner.

If they didn't use my sketch I'll post it in the rejects as I'm really proud of it

Well done! :)

We sent in sketches on Waitrose unpacking your shopping deliveries and GPs prescribing nature instead of pills. Good luck everyone :)

Quote: Auditchris @ 8th October 2018, 9:34 AM

Sketches in. One of those annoying occasions when there's no auto-reply. I know they always say they receive everything but it still causes a niggle of anxiety!

Tbh less so for me as I never expect anything on; I just do it for fun as given up most of the hope. More so for you writers who have beaten the odds..

Just submitted - no auto-reply for me either.

Did BN on Nigella (jam or cream on scone), Walkers recycling, disinfectant effect on kids.

Njp on Banksy, jazz hands and Seann Walsh.

No auto reply

but three oneliners ( snake in oven, Aussie doctors, monkey driving bus ) and three njps ( Green party, The Cry and Mixed martial arts )

Good luck all

Good luck.
I found the monkey one appealing.