Newsjack Series 18 Page 22

Nope. The heads up from watch maker and nabbit certainly helped!

tumbleweed for me again

Nothing for me. I'm starting to realise that getting two out of my three oneliners into the script in the first week was a bleedin' miracle!

Nowt here either.

@lolcov....Apple Windows oneliner should have been numéro three. 'Top gag' that was.

There must surely be someone out there with some good news this week? Or is it all round to mine for a pity party?

Maybe our sketches got lost in the snow this week...

Quote: StephenM @ 1st March 2018, 7:14 PM

There must surely be someone out there with some good news this week? Or is it all round to mine for a pity party?

Maybe our sketches got lost in the snow this week...

It's a no from me... again... let's go again.. :$

Nothing for me.

Newbie question: would it be better to have a sketch in the script but not the final edit or a oneliner in the show (£20 aside)?

Quote: Auditchris @ 1st March 2018, 8:25 PM

Nothing for me.

Newbie question: would it be better to have a sketch in the script but not the final edit or a oneliner in the show (£20 aside)?

I'd take anything at this point. Without the cash!!! I'd rather have a one liner in the show than be at my daughter's wedding..

Quote: lolcov @ 1st March 2018, 6:48 PM

Nothing for me. I'm starting to realise that getting two out of my three oneliners into the script in the first week was a bleedin' miracle!

It was an excellent hit rate.

Quote: Danno @ 1st March 2018, 7:08 PM

@lolcov....Apple Windows oneliner should have been numéro three. 'Top gag' that was.

Thanks. I was quietly confident about that one but it obviously missed the mark. It's so hard to tell what they're after each week. I guess that's half the fun.

My favourite sketch was the KFC one. It was long too, interestingly.

Next favourite was the Ug one. That appealed to me.
I liked most of the number-crunchers.

Quote: Auditchris @ 1st March 2018, 8:25 PM

Nothing for me.

It depends what you're after I suppose. If you're looking for a radio credit then take the oneliner and the money. If you're looking to get on the radar of the producers I'd say a sketch that got close is better. Although a sketch that just missed out does need to be built upon with a follow up credit and/or RBC.

I suppose a oneliner credit is like a pair of 5s in poker and a RBC sketch a single King. The King gives you more chance of a winning hand later on but if you don't get the cards you need you'd take the pair. (I am way too pleased with myself for thinking of that analogy).

No emails again for me this week. Then again I didn't send any jokes this week, so that might be part of it :-/

I had a near miss with a number-cruncher this week. I submitted two, so it was either a 'dad' joke about UK funding for the winter Olympics, or one about Comcast's bid for Sky.