Newsjack Series 18 Page 18

I felt the jam was just a way of both expressing his idiosyncrasies and juxtaposing his mild-mannered nature against a more soviet-styled shadow world of clandestine intelligence-gathering and thus adding more texture and conscious landscape to the diegesis while elevating its felicitousness.

Ah this is why comedy is so subjective. I thought the phrase "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Jam-Maker" was one of the funniest in the show!

Anyone else finding this weeks writting a bit of a struggle?

It's always tricky!

I've listened back to the last three shows. Analysed each one-liner. The structure, the punchline, the topicality. Number of words, positioning of the key "joke" moment. Identified the level of cheekiness (without being offensive) that they are happy with. Looked at the references and how popular/obscure they are. Seen which one-liners get the biggest laugh.

...and still have no idea what to write!

Nightmare. Just realised this must be my fourth or fifth series that I have tried writing for. Not a snifter.
Just done two sketches. They seem funny to me now but....
Now to try some one-liners

Ok..given up on one liners.

Quote: BTF @ 25th February 2018, 6:28 PM

Ok..given up on one liners.

Come on man, you have until Tuesday - it's too early to give up

Yes..I will give it a rest tonight. Two sketches wiped me out today!

Really struggling. Have two stories but not happy with the angle I've approached them for. Desperately trying to find more mileage as nothing else is inspiring me this week.

For once I am OK with the angles to a degree (!)

I still feel that I could have dug a bit deeper. Without doubt there will be some off the wall Greybeard/Darth Vader sketches sent in and mine will look very tame.

I'm also struggling. Got two so far that are just about submitable, but I'm not overly happy with them.

Still, 24 and a bit hours to go.

Just realised that you have to be 30 or over to get the cultural reference of the sketch I did. Horrors.

Under 30? Do such people exist? I have heard tell but.....

Ok, in with two. Not expecting anything from them so this could be my week.

Hope everyone else is doing well.