Top Gear Page 4

Quote: Chappers @ 4th October 2014, 8:55 PM BST

What a terrible coincidence those number plates were on their cars in Argentina.

Actually Clarkson really is an arrogant tosser, like a public schoolboy who's never had to grow up. He deserves all he gets.

I don't think there's a better term for Clarkson than 'tosser'. Maybe 'cretin'.

I wish the Argies had kicked the livin' shit out of the lot of them.

Clarkson said it was the scariest thing he'd ever experienced. Not very nice to be victimized is it Jeremy?

Perhaps this will be enough to make him realize that victimising people because of their ethnicity, sexuality, nationality, disability, socio economic group or occupation (even for the purpose of a bad joke) is just not a nice thing to do.

Has been all a bit self indulgent over the last few series, and as for the specials - forget it. All that money just so they can have an all expenses paid lads jaunt on my money via the licence fee. >_<

For me Top Gear is one of the most entertaining shows on TV...and I don't bloody care about cars.
But I know Clarkson has done/said some very controversial things and maybe I know only about half of it but I like to believe he's only a harmless pisstaker/provocateur with his tongue firmly in cheek. Correct me if I'm wrong. For the moment I go on enjoying the show.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 5th October 2014, 9:22 PM BST

For me Top Gear is one of the most entertaining shows on TV...and I don't bloody care about cars.
But I know Clarkson has done/said some very controversial things and maybe I know only about half of it but I like to believe he's only a harmless pisstaker/provocateur with his tongue firmly in cheek. Correct me if I'm wrong. For the moment I go on enjoying the show.

Harmless and offensive are mutually exclusive.

Does he truly offend minority groups or just piss off the pc brigade?

'Slope' ?

And does anyone that's not living at the bottom of a pond believe that turning up in Argentina with a numberplate H982 FKL was a coincidence?

Out of the two I would choose Piers Morgan and that's saying something.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 5th October 2014, 9:50 PM BST

Does he truly offend minority groups

If you mean people who drive ordinary family cars that they can barely afford to keep on the road, then yes. :D

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 5th October 2014, 9:50 PM BST

Does he truly offend minority groups or just piss off the pc brigade?

He deliberately annoys people and some times can be needlessly and childishly insulting.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 5th October 2014, 9:54 PM BST

'Slope' ?

Had to Google that. Saw the episode but didn't get this reference.
That's why I said 'correct me if I'm wrong'. My English is far from perfect "...I learn it from book..." :D

'Slope' ?

And does anyone that's not living at the bottom of a pond believe that turning up in Argentina with a numberplate H982 FKL was a coincidence?

Out of the two I would choose Piers Morgan and that's saying something.

Oh my God NO!! That slimy creep..........????

Quote: sootyj @ 5th October 2014, 9:59 PM BST

He deliberately annoys people and some times can be needlessly and childishly insulting.

So, maybe he's a big dickhead but why dosen't the BBC edit these scenes out of the televised episodes?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th October 2014, 10:06 PM BST

Oh my God NO!! That slimy creep..........????

That's EXACTLY what I mean about my feelings for Clarkson.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 5th October 2014, 10:15 PM BST

So, maybe he's a big dickhead but why dosen't the BBC edit these scenes out of the televised episodes?

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 5th October 2014, 10:03 PM BST

Had to Google that. Saw the episode but didn't get this reference.
That's why I said 'correct me if I'm wrong'. My English is far from perfect "...I learn it from book..." :D

Don't worry GB, nobody here had heard the word either in that context which makes it worse that the wankers who run this show put it in deliberately.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 5th October 2014, 9:22 PM BST

He's an arrogant pompous wanker.

'Slope' ?

I'd never heard of that before all the fuss about Clarkson.