Top Gear Page 3

I loved the last episode. I especially liked the nod to the American special where May painted Babboons are puffs on the side of the car Laughing out loud

Quote: earman2009 @ November 5, 2007, 7:00 PM

I really enjoyed last night's episode. They had one hell of an adventure. i wish i was there with them. On as funny as most weeks. but very good none the less. Nonething can top last week's episode for laughs. Jeremy in that tiny car is one of the funniest things I've ever seen! :D :D :D :D

Agreed...that was f**king hilarious!!!!!! Laughing out loud

Laughing out loud

The Indian High Commission has complained about racism in the Christmas edition.

"The programme showed presenters Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May travelling to India on what was billed as a "trade mission".

Once in the country, however, the commission claim the trio indulged in "cheap jibes, tasteless humour and lack[ed] cultural sensitivity."

What do you expect? It's those three tossers.

It was a funny episode. But they only made themselves look ridiculous, not the people in India.
It's a bizarre complaint.

Quote: zooo @ February 27 2012, 6:20 PM GMT

It was a funny episode. But they only made themselves look ridiculous, not the people in India.
It's a bizarre complaint.

I didn't see it but you have to admit those three tossers are still stuck in the 1970s. They aren't funny and they aren't clever - and I'm not just being PC.

They are tosspots, but I still like watching them.

And occasionally they do make some valid points. EG last week's 'race' against the soldiers in mobility scooters. Okay we had to put up with the pratting about being incompetent but there's a market there which is completely ignored by manufacturers.

Sadly not ignored.

Massively exploited by niche manufacturers grown fat on NHS and social services budgets. And screwing anyone who can't put up the readies.

I remember years ago shopping at a closing down sale of a disability equipment shop. When one of my colleagues noted of an electric cart

"why does this cost the same as a nearly new car?"

Sorry, a market for affordable, adaptable, user friendly transport is what is being ignored. We do have the expensive and impractical with us.

I really like this show. I don't know shit about cars, have no interest in cars and hate people talking about cars. But I still enjoy because of the humour and although it physically pains me to say this sentence I do enjoy the "banter". Oh god.

Admittedly Clarkson can quite bigoted and irrational sometimes but on the whole he is very funny and intelligent.

I do think though, that it's a sad state of affairs when I find a "non-comedy" programme funnier than the actual comedy programmes on TV.

Funny Audi callback. :D

Lol, yes.

But how much was that advertising worth? Audi must be delighted.

What a terrible coincidence those number plates were on their cars in Argentina.

Actually Clarkson really is an arrogant tosser, like a public schoolboy who's never had to grow up. He deserves all he gets.