Top Gear Page 5

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 5th October 2014, 10:15 PM BST

So, maybe he's a big dickhead but why dosen't the BBC edit these scenes out of the televised episodes?

Because an audience of around 8 million in the UK love them and they buy his books, his DVDs, his whatever.
Add to that an audience of hundreds of millions around the world.
He owns the production company that makes all of it and could take it to another channel any time he f**king felt like.
So the BBC gets millions of pounds into it's coffers, millions of viewers, dominates Sunday night viewing.
And all it costs them is it's integrity.

I guess these days that's a pretty small price.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 5th October 2014, 10:15 PM BST

So, maybe he's a big dickhead but why dosen't the BBC edit these scenes out of the televised episodes?

Because there'd be nothing left to show.

Sometimes I wonder how many of the complaints are just because it was said by Jeremy Clarkson. It seems it's fashionable to dislike him, just like it is with James Blunt, Justin Bieber...

For example, I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue continuously makes jokes about Lionel Blair being gay. Now you don't really hear many complaints about that (because it's on the beloved Radio 4), but I bet if on Top Gear they made jokes each week about someone being gay, the complaints would roll in.

I genuinely don't know what I would have to see on TV to make me phone/email and complain. Huh?

Quote: Jack F @ 5th October 2014, 11:57 PM BST

Sometimes I wonder how many of the complaints are just because it was said by Jeremy Clarkson. It seems it's fashionable to dislike him,

Nothing to do with fashionable. He's just a twat - like the school bully.

Wot 'e sed. ^^

I studied that number plate for a long while and couldn't get any connection with anything. I had to Google it to find out the connotation.

Best not go out in my car today for fear of offending the weight challenged. F4 TTY

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 6th October 2014, 8:52 AM BST

I studied that number plate for a long while and couldn't get any connection with anything. I had to Google it to find out the connotation.

Best not go out in my car today for fear of offending the weight challenged. F4 TTY

Ahhh, ditto...........couldn't see it before, so on reflection that is probably why people keep throwing bricks at my car P1 EDO when I am on the road.

Do you mean the FKL with H982? Pretty clear!

Quote: Chappers @ 6th October 2014, 9:34 PM BST

Do you mean the FKL with H982? Pretty clear!

Ooooh, calm down dear - No I didn't really look at it to be honest and could not see what all the fuss was about, and only give it a scrute when Stephen said he had to have a second look. :P

Couldn't give a toss anyway about Clarkson and his stupid trips abroad annoying the natives, which is probably why I didn't give a thought.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 6th October 2014, 9:40 PM BST

Couldn't give a toss anyway about Clarkson and his stupid trips abroad annoying the natives, which is probably why I didn't give a thought.

I guess he's about 200 years out of date.

http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2014/10/10/top-gear-in-argentina-what-really-happened/

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 11th October 2014, 9:40 AM BST

http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2014/10/10/top-gear-in-argentina-what-really-happened/

After reading that I believe it. It's just unfortunate it's precisely the sort of thing they would normally do on purpose!

I've done a cartoon about it in today's Independent.

Is there a chance for me to see it?

You can either buy the paper or remind me how to post images here. They stopped putting my stuff online last Christmas,along with lots of other stuff.