Top Gear

I know it's not strictly a comedy - more comic I suppose - but for me, Top Gear is the most consistently funny programme on British TV. The lol-count might not be quite as high as, Not Going Out for example, but when they do come they're very satisfying and, for me at least, much louder and bigger than any comedy I've seen in quite a while now. And it certainly can't be accused of relying on lazy clichés!

Opinions?

Yes, I think it's great. They are all funny likable characters and it's just fun. And yes, I'm one of those who knows nothing about cars.

I was having similar thoughts here, as my husband and kids were laughing a lot. I quite like it but for some inexplicable reason get annoyed with myself for laughing at Jeremy. And I also feel that they're getting quite self-indulgent. But it can be very funny.

Absolutely love Top Gear - it combines two of the best things in the world: cars and comedy.

I wished I hadn't watched tonight's episode though - it reminded me how close the French are and how much I want an R8 but can't afford one (I've loved that car ever since I got to sit in one last year*)

* Ironically it was in France

I really hate Jeremy Clarkson....my God, I hate Jeremy Clarkson. I categorise him as the leader of the little 'lad' group that contains AA Gill, Richard Littlejohn and Gordan Ramsay. I'm aware that my view is treasonable.

Quote: Cinnamon @ October 14, 2007, 10:27 PM

I really hate Jeremy Clarkson....my God, I hate Jeremy Clarkson. I categorise him as the leader of the little 'lad' group that contains AA Gill, Richard Littlejohn and Gordan Ramsay. I'm aware that my view is treasonable.

I was just going to write the very same thing.

He really is such an arrogant pompous twat!

Actually I don't dislike Littlejohn but I do hate Ramsay too. What really is the point of him?

He's like marmite love or hate I love the guys work personally. Top Gear is one of my favourite shows wouldn't that be a great job. His newspaper articles are funny also.

I can see why people like Clarkson and his show but for me it's boring and I channel hop after about 5 to 10 mins (max) ..

That's when I can get hold of the remote.. my Landlord watches Top Gear quite a lot and seems to like it, mind you he's a mindless moron so that may be a clue..

<I jest, I jest..> ;)

I have so little interest in cars that if someone asks me what sort of car my neighbours have, I would say "it's a blue one."

top car is funny but it is not ment to be comedy it ment to be a factual programme

Well, I wouldn't necessarily dislike Littlejohn as a person but the fact that he's a talentless and bigoted liar doesn't help him as a newspaper columnist
:D

Well it certainly isn't a hindrance.

No, he's certainly kept a column. A cross between Anne Coutler and a Kant.

Disappointed tonight. Interesting enough yes, but only mildly amusing on literally a few occasions. Boo hiss. :(

I like the bits in the studio. :(

However, we did learn that Hammond looks uber sexy in that outfit. Which he should henceforth wear ALWAYS.