What? More money wasted.. Page 4

Frankie, Superman wouldnt let you do that and you know it.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ October 14, 2007, 1:02 AM

I will destroy the entire Universe and eveything in it and all parallel and alternate universes.

That's it.... Cool

Fine you can be the bigger man as long as i'm the wider man. Ladies :$

Of course once I've destroyed everything I may be lonely.. so let's not do it, eh? :)

You can have all the women, except my wife and my immediate family... oh and my harem and also that bird on the till down the garage.

Laughing out loud I dunno how attractive is your wife? Actually for your own safety you better not answer that

Oh my wife is lovely of course. As she's reading this as I type, I can't say much else really..

Well bless-a my soul what's-a wrong with me
I'm shakin' like a man in a fuzzy tree

Eh? what's that love, a nice hot water bottle? yes, love and a nice vick vapour rub... and then clean the bathroom, love? Yes, dear..

:( there is no life over 40 you know..

Quote: Gavin @ October 14, 2007, 1:03 AM

Frankie, Superman wouldnt let you do that and you know it.

I might slip it past him..

I'll have a krap-tonite too.. that might weaken him..

My initial reaction to this memorial was the same Frankie. Money better spent on the servicemen & their families. God knows they need it.
Right now as I type, a Private fighting in Afganistan/Iraq is roughly earning £42 a day.
I am so not a royalist & to me this was a publicity stunt.

Then i spoke to some servicemen & this was their very unselfish attitude.

"We offer ourselves for Queen & Country. We pledge to honour & protect not only HRH & her Monarchy, but every member of our empire. It is an honour that our Queen will be doing this for us...........

Now how loyal is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still my initial reaction stays the same, however what has my reaction got to do with it. I am happy if the guys are happy. If this makes these very patriotic ladies & gentleman feel proud, then bring it on.

My personal opinion is that 6 million can go a p[retty long way. Attitudes from the government have to change. Money has to be spent. Lots of our soldiers have died through not having the best armoured protection on vehicles etc. Surely we can give morale to the soldiers as well as protection. They will never ask for it. They are just to damn loyal.

That's fair enough Charley. :)

If one soldier feels that maybe many do. He is certainly more qualified to have a view than I am. My mate is ex-army and he said they could stick it up their (the establishments) arse as far as he was concerned. But he was more interested in his pint to be honest.

£42 a day sort of sums up what the government really thinks about it's soldiers doesn't it?

Maybe they don't do it for the money, but you can hardly say that they get 'room and board' paid for when they are at the front risking their lives!

£6million wasted .. a family can't eat glory or pride.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ October 14, 2007, 9:42 AM

£42 a day sort of sums up what the government really thinks about it's soldiers doesn't it?

And people accused the 1984/5 Thatcher-led Government of using the police as a political tool!

Quote: Frankie Rage @ October 14, 2007, 1:21 AM

Well bless-a my soul what's-a wrong with me
I'm shakin' like a man in a fuzzy tree

My friends say I'm actin' wild as a bug
I'm in love
I'm all shook up

etc

Politicians are tools.

I think we need to look into this Demoncratic Representation process and put some long overdue controls in place... and I'm not talking about those sleepy old establishment gits in their Ivory Tower.. ;)

There are fors and againsts of course, depending on personal experience perhaps?
I would like to see more money spent in care homes. To see a brave, humble WW2 veteran ending his days in a home where 'guidelines' dictate that it is not necessary for him to have a bath more than once a week, to see him sitting, day after day, in a room of people who scream, shout and cry, to regularly find him wet and soiled, all because of funding problems, makes me want to weep. The staff are amazing and do everything they can, but there are not enough of them and they have to work to strict guidelines. I don't think he would give a monkeys if his name was on a memorial or not. However, I can see how and why this would be important to families and friends. At the other end of the scale, knowing a young man who is fighting for his country right now, I would like more money to be invested in equipment and support. Teary

So we need to stop wasting money overseas and use it where it's needed - at home. :)

We are a small country trying to be a big player. We need to review every single armed forces personnel position that is currently based or fighting overseas, apply a revised (sensible) criteria - and bring almost all of them home.

But who decides this? Those bleedin' tools in Downing Street and 'The House'... a token number of troops will be brought home shortly (whatever is considered expedient, as usual..;))

It's an absolute disgrace..

Devils in suits and ties sat on their arses with their papers and twaddle.. Angry

Yey once these guys are out of the army, they realise they have been treated like shit.

I agree totaly Frankie.
The guys in there are so loyal. Often they wont see the bad.

Quote: Charley @ October 14, 2007, 2:03 PM

Yey once these guys are out of the army, they realise they have been treated like shit.

I agree totaly Frankie.
The guys in there are so loyal. Often they wont see the bad.

Their loyal, and thats right and proper. No fault on their part.

But I'm all for bringing them home. I don't understand why we are fighting anyone at the moment.

For what?

If there is any benefit, I'd like to see it spelt out so we can decide if it's worth it or not.

Oh me too Frankie.

Iraq is so no worth it. Neither is Afghanistan. However the Taliban are evil Bastards who do terrible things. They are also in control of all the drugs out there. IMO its odd that the Americans dont just bomb the ol drug fields. Strange that. Can't get my head around that!!!!