What? More money wasted..

The Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and the Prince of Wales have attended the dedication of the new national Armed Forces Memorial.
The £6m stone circle in Alrewas, Staffordshire, bears the names of 16,000 service personnel who have died since World War II.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

No offence to the armed forces, but why do we need another memorial?

£6 MILLION FOR SOME STONE WORK THAT WE JUST DON'T NEED!!!

Plus God knows how much for the Queen and entourage to be there???

Apparently, there's space for another 15,000 service-persons names to engraved on there (when they get killed) WHAT is that all about?

Who agreed to spend money on that? Who's money is it? Which Politicians are to blame? I'd like to see their names engraved on the f***er!!!

No wonder this country is in the mire!!! Totally wrong priorities!!! Better to give the money to dead soldiers wives and kids, ain't it???

It's outrageous!

Angry

The Queen should be ashamed... and I don't say that in jest, what hypocrisy.. where's me pills.. <gasp, choke,,>

I both do and don't agree. I'm not sure which is strongest, however.

Frankie I think complaining about this is just stupid. The main argument for this, and may I add the only argument needed, is that the country recognises the sacrifices that the service men and their families have made. Surely thats worth at least £6 million if not more. When you consider we have parades for people who kick balls for our country I think a memorial for those who died for our country is the least we can do.

P.S. The monarchy are a complete waste of money and should be abolished. How'd you like dem apples Aaron Laughing out loud

Quote: ajp29 @ October 12, 2007, 7:30 PM

Frankie I think complaining about this is just stupid. The main argument for this, and may I add the only argument needed, is that the country recognises the sacrifices that the service men and their families have made. Surely thats worth at least £6 million if not more. When you consider we have parades for people who kick balls for our country I think a memorial for those who died for our country is the least we can do.

Absolutely agree.

Such a simplistic view, Adam. Rolling eyes

The monarchy brings in far more money to the British economy than it takes, and abolishing it would just require even more money than is currently spent anyway!

Quote: Aaron @ October 12, 2007, 7:35 PM

Such a simplistic view, Adam. Rolling eyes

The monarchy brings in far more money to the British economy than it takes, and abolishing it would just require even more money than is currently spent anyway!

Nonsense, we could sell they're organs for loadsa money! :)

On the point of £6,000,000 to commemorate dead servicemen, I'm certain that they would rather the money was spent on training and equipment so that they didn't get killed in the first place, and wages to improve their quality of life until they do. It's disgusting how this Government treats the armed forces.

Not complicated at all. Just a few people usher Royals out and give them a fiver and say alright you inbred sponger sling your hook.

Quote: ajp29 @ October 12, 2007, 7:37 PM

Nonsense, we could sell they're organs for loadsa money! :)

There's far more poor people who no one would miss.

Quote: Gavin @ October 12, 2007, 7:37 PM

Not complicated at all. Just a few people usher Royals out and give them a fiver and say alright you inbred sponger sling your hook.

Gavin, you're almost as simple as Adam. :P

Quote: Aaron @ October 12, 2007, 7:37 PM

On the point of £6,000,000 to commemorate dead servicemen, I'm certain that they would rather the money was spent on training and equipment so that they didn't get killed in the first place, and wages to improve their quality of life until they do. It's disgusting how this Government treats the armed forces.

Most of the money was privately funded or ringfenced for such purposes or in the case of aquatic centres poiposes

I could go in there with a shotgun and fix it.

We could put remains in jar and it'd be good for the tour

Doesn't really matter where it came from. The Government should still be supporting the troops now they've sent them out there.

Quote: Gavin @ October 12, 2007, 7:37 PM

Or even better we could have a Royal Apprentice with the catchphrase 'You're Chopped!' Then instead of a taxi have a guilotine. Stop me if i'm getting treasonous.

Quote: Aaron @ October 12, 2007, 7:40 PM

Doesn't really matter where it came from. The Government should still be supporting the troops now they've sent them out there.

They're supporting Harry, oh no wait hes not in Iraq hes in the Big Girl's Blouse Military Finishing School for Pansys :)

Royal Apprentice?

That like the one with Alan Sugar?

For this task you must play polo on horse back and have sex with people on the same bloodline.

They're supporting Harry, oh no wait hes not in Iraq hes in the Big Girl's Blouse Military Finishing School for Pansys

Who honest thought he'd go to Iraq?? anyone?

Quote: Gavin @ October 12, 2007, 7:43 PM

For this task you must play polo on horse back and have sex with people on the same bloodline.

Laughing out loud Alan Sugar- 'I don't like Racists! Nazi's! Inbreds! Toffs! or Bullshitters! I want someone who's drop dead ugly.'