Proof it pays to be nice but angry when needed.

Tonight when hitting tesco before tae bo with my flatmate, a woman in front of me at the checkout started to unload her shopping when the assistant asked if she would like help with her packing. The woman, having those "bags for life" thingys said "no". The girl, clearly mishearing, started to pack. The woman then started to screech at her "I told you no". The assitant apologised and scanned the next item before the woman snapped at her again screeching at her about how she could have waited until she had unloaded her (not exactly full) trolley. I have previously worked many cruddy jobs in the past where customers speak to you like dirt under their shoes, threaten you, will not clear up after themselves, and try to blag freebies and not caring that it may come out of someone's wage packet. I saw the poor girl was really upset and something in me snapped. I told the woman that the person behind the till was a human being who had been nothing but politeful and trying to help and no matter how many gold cards she had in her purse, she was no better than anyone working there and it still didn't stop her from being a soured old ballsac face. The woman didn't reply, knowing full well that she could say whatever she wanted to the girl as her job prevented her from standing up for herself but I could quite right smack her one. The fact I was also in my Tae Bo workout gear probably made her think for a bit too. She left her stuff on the belt and walked out speechless. After helping the assitant and her shift manager clear it, I not only got a thanks but also a voucher for being so nice to them! Huzzah!

It just goes to show that even in anger, you can do a nice thing for a fellow human being.

Just thought I'd share that heart warmer with you!

Anything for some free groceries.

I can't help it. I'm a feel good hussy :)

Nice one Ruby. Standing up for truth, justice and afternoon tea :)

Player!

I love this. Nice one.

I'm going to try that in ASDA Rube, nice ruse mate! :)

I should have thought of that.. <kicks self for missing a trick>

Yay!! :)

Quote: Frankie Rage @ October 12, 2007, 10:41 AM

I'm going to try that in ASDA Rube, nice ruse mate! :)

Please do it to Paul Whitehouse or James Nesbitt

I was thinking of tackling Jimmy Carr as he's a regular in our ASDA (and LIDL) ;)

i made an old man pick up dog poo.

A guy begging on the street got angry when I wouldn't give him any money. I had given him 50p a few weeks before (unusual for me as I normally only buy Big Issue from street sellers, 'cos I see that as a job).

Anyway, looks like he'd squandered my investment in him so I asked him to give it back and I got angry when he wouldn't. You should have seen his face and those of other passers by!

Priceless! Well, he was..

Awwwwww! Your nice snow eh!
Me I would have followed her to the carpark & kicked her in the crotch.

I think I must just be too nice for my own good! I had a really long complain at someone who's kind of my friend but who has also made fun of me for the last 5 years without me saying anything, telling him how much I resented him being so horrible when he's seen how upset I get in those situations. But when I felt guilty as soon as I'd done it-and when I got into school, so many people knew and one of my best friends said how he was going to not talk to me if I apologised and what not...

SO! now I feel terrible just for sticking up for myself :(

Well Done Ruby!

That is brilliant. You've made my day.

Scat: A lot of men (and boys) behave this way.

Some may describe him as a 'man's man' (he! he! a lad's lad) but I would say he was an asshole and as you have one already, you don't really another do you? And for a friend?

:)

I knooooow! it just bugs me cos he was there when I was in tears for an hour hysterically on a school trip! he was one of the ones hugging me and smiling like it mattered! arghh stupid boy >_< hes the same one who concussd me with a badminton racket! knocked me out and everything