Count Arthur Strong - Series 3 (TV) Page 3

Quote: Aaron @ 3rd June 2017, 11:14 PM

They are fantastic. Much better than the TV series, IMO. Very different beast though - pure Count and his befuddled world. No Michael. Here's the first series on CD: https://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000FP2GX4/comedyguide-21/

(TV Series 2 was released on DVD in September. https://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01HI699PU/comedyguide-21/ )

Thanks for your reply. I was so sure about them not going to release it (not sure why, maybe someone mentioned this in a different thread) that I didn't bother checking it out on amazon & co.

And I'm really thinking about buying the radio shows on cds...have yet to do the same with Hancock's Half Hour though.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 4th June 2017, 11:34 AM

And I'm really thinking about buying the radio shows on cds...have yet to do the same with Hancock's Half Hour though.

:O Another instance of better than the TV. Don't get me wrong, I do love seeing the lad himself with Sid, but those radio shows just had that bit extra.

I know I have said this many times but I will NEVER tire especially of "Sunday Afternoon at Home". Sheer classic. Sheer magic.

Seen one ep of current series and hated it. Kinnear kills it stone dead. HTF did he pull a bird like that, is she mentally ill? He's/his character's a miserable killjoy who puts down the spirited Arthur with his loud monotonous voice and this awful character has stolen the lead from the admirable CAS. There is no redeeming feature Michael has. This perversion of the show has virtually nothing to do with the real/original Count Arthur Strong. How on earth did experienced writers manage to butcher such a spirited sitcom and serve up a concoction a starving dog would spit out? SickPirateAngry

Quote: Lazzard @ 12th March 2017, 11:56 AM

Yes. And will Count Arthur actually feature, or will it mainly be a bitter-sweet love story starring Rory Kinnear?

Based on the single ep I saw, you have your answer.:(

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 7th June 2017, 2:48 PM

Seen one ep of current series and hated it.

Which one, Alfred? I'd urge you to see Count Arthur's House Of Horrors if it was Arthur The Hat you watched. The best, purest Arthur episode yet.

Yes it was the first one, HOH but now I realise I didn't watch it all but turned off about halfway just as the ghost hunting bit started which I've just watched and found very funny. Glad I saw it all now and pleasantly surprised by the Countishness of it. But I didn't see such a good second half coming after an annoying Michael and unlikely girlfriend centred first ten mins or so the other week which stopped me watching the next ep as well.

Surely the episodes can be better balanced like a Fawlty Towers ep which goes straight in for the comedy instead of a slow build up. Because this one convinced me it was going to be tedious when it wasn't in the end. An ep of two halves with unbalanced character focus and comedy to be critical, which I generally am.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 8th June 2017, 12:53 AM

Surely the episodes can be better balanced like a Fawlty Towers ep which goes straight in for the comedy instead of a slow build up.

Rarely get that in any comedy these days.

Welcome back Kipper.

I think you need to rewatch Fawlty Towers again. There was always exposition, there was always a sense of drama there.

Seems to be a Life On Mars theme next week.

Thank you Paul and hello. Yes I'll take that order to watch FT for the 500th time and see what I find.

Silly as hell tonight! :D

And I'm with Bulent on this matter...Michael is the perfect candidate for a 'soupover', Mr. Charmless & Dull himself. I don't know why he was showing his aversion so openly at this event, he should be grateful Arthur and his friends want to hang out with a loser like him.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 7th June 2017, 2:48 PM

HTF did he pull a bird like that, is she mentally ill?

That.

Yes, enjoyed tonight - plenty of silliness, and love the way his explanations tail away to nothingness. Laughing out loud

"No...but..there maybe another ..."

Lmfaoroflpsmsllolololol

Quote: Aaron @ 8th June 2017, 1:09 AM

Rarely get that in any comedy these days.

I blame the "Series Arc".
Sitcom death.

Really enjoyed last night's episode: partly because of the guest performance from Graham Fellows, but also for the reference to the radio series when Arthur talks about Wilf the butchers.

Yes. I planned to watch the Jilted John episode but forgot. Will watch it after the Loch.