Count Arthur Strong - Series 3 (TV)

Series 3 starting soon I see. Anybody know the launch date for the new series?

Yes. And will Count Arthur actually feature, or will it mainly be a bitter-sweet love story starring Rory Kinnear?

I worked on two of the episodes of the upcoming series and sat in the edit for a few. I'm quite excited as it looked great!

Quote: Tom Robins @ 24th March 2017, 12:04 PM

I worked on two of the episodes of the upcoming series and sat in the edit for a few. I'm quite excited as it looked great!

Wow!

Do you work for Retort, Tom?

Quote: Lazzard @ 12th March 2017, 11:56 AM

Yes. And will Count Arthur actually feature, or will it mainly be a bitter-sweet love story starring Rory Kinnear?

Here Here!!...again!!

As I've mentioned before I record the series and edit out the crap to leave about 10mins of pure Arthur genius!
Will upload to YouTube when the content enters the public domain.
Should be about December 2066 if I'm not mistaken?

Failing that - All round to my place for a private screening!!
(Graham Linehan you are not invited!!!----- unless series 3 is actually about the Count!)

P.S. I'm now completely Vegan and living on Huel (google it!). The only way for an aspiring comedy writer to survive!

YES! Friday 19th May 8.30 BBC 1 - can't wait. :D

Saw a clip of the flying lesson recently (can't remember on what) - SO, SO FUNNY.

Saw the Exorcist clip on the ads - looks hilarious. Can't wait.

I went to a recording and it was fantastic - lots of Arthur.

I'm glad of the warning.

Great tonight. :D

Count Arthur is an excellent comedy persona. Did someone suggest he didn't feature strongly in earlier episodes? If so, why?

I give in!
It's the Michael show all over again!

It's like a bad sitcom with one of the bit part actors (Arthur) doing his very best to make the most of the awful script and direction!
Like Jimi Hendrix being one of the Corrs!
Like casting Frankie Boyle in the school nativity!

...and what the f**K is going on with that laugh track????

A slow burner. Flagged a bit in the middle but when the moments came they were laugh out loud hysterical.

The first time I have rolled around on the floor incapably for sitcom reasons in several years.

I know that people complain it's the Michael Show. No doubt they also complained Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em was the Betty Show or that One Foot in the Grave was the Deayton Show.

But a sitcom needs reaction shots.