Shooting Stars Page 30

Strangely, rather enjoyed tonight's one - the quality of the jokes had certainly gone up.

The 'tiny eyes' song was a belter and I'm still chuckling over 'County Down? Not Blocky Busters.' and 'They come through that Channel Tunnel like rats.'

Lots and lots of shots of Noel Fielding laughing for some reason (either the studio director fancies him or they're doing an anti-drugs advert on the sly).

Perhaps the secret to enjoying Shooting Stars to is to lower your expectations massively and then be pleasantly surprised when it rises above the 'sucking ass' level.

Enjoyed it like the other episodes and no doubt will completely forget the whole thing in a weeks time (just like the other episodes).

To me every single episode has been hilarious, this final one posibly being the funniest. They haven't 'sucked ass' in the slightest. :)

Was it my imagination or did Bob make a rape joke tonight... to Ulrika Jonsson?!

Actually, yeah, you're right! Well spotted! :D

I also spotted another Smell Of gag. I remember Vic balancing three carrots on top of each other in an old episode.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ October 1 2009, 1:39 AM BST

Was it my imagination or did Bob make a rape joke tonight... to Ulrika Jonsson?!

He most certainly did. It followed a gag about illegal immigrants.

Still very funny though.

I hope we see more of Androos.

My brother is a horrible person.

That Bruce Wayne in the Dolls house bit was long & boring.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 1 2009, 11:33 AM BST

I agree, normally the Doll House stuff is quite witty and well observed, but it was all 'pull down my trousers' and 'I want to have a poo'. If that what it takes to be a comedy genius, then I must have peaked when I was 7 years old.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 1 2009, 11:33 AM BST

Ha, there you go, I was laughing my pants off at that.
They had their little noses hanging over the top of the house, and were making each other laugh.
Worked for me.

Quote: zooo @ October 1 2009, 1:41 PM BST

Ha, there you go, I was laughing my pants off at that.
They had their little noses hanging over the top of the house, and were making each other laugh.
Worked for me.

You do know you're talking about a couple of middle aged comedians and not puppies right?

They are lickle comedy puppies.

I've found the whole series a bit of a mixed bag. I think the Greek fellery person is great. The dolls house boring. I cried with laughter at the end when George was wired up to the electric generator. *It was real right?*

Worth another go I think. Oh yes, get rid of the Dove from Above. Old hat now.

But it has little shoes!

I LOVE Greek bloke. Loved it when Matt Lucas's flapping face made him laugh at the end.

A lot of corpsing going on between Matt and 'greek bloke' at the end. Made me laugh. :D

Yeah I loved that too.

I like Shooting Stars a lot. May it continue.