The all in one consolidated RIP thread Page 113

Jake Abraham.
I only read about him this morning but he died in October aged 56.
Probably best known for playing a scouser-robber in Lock Stock and Two Smokin Barrels

Here's an outtake from the film that is always funny.

Shirley Anne Field 87 Rest In Peace

Gorgeous and one of the best screamers in horror films 😁

That's sad news about Jake Abraham. His character and the duo scenes are my favourite in Lock Stock.

What the f**k do we know about antiques mate?

I've never understood the attraction to Brag but maybe that's because I always lose. I used to enjoy playing 21 at the pub which was much more friendly. I didn't like being the banker and when I won the right to be banker I would sell it to someone else for a fiver. I was worried everyone would be dealt 21 and I would lose big but it was very rare for the banker to end up down on the day. Good memories of Saturday afternoons spent with my dad but all the well known characters have since passed away and the pub was turned in to a house years ago.

No idea who these last couple are.

AC/DC drummer Colin Burgess has died at the age of 77

R(ock) I P

Quote: lofthouse @ 16th December 2023, 5:14 PM

AC/DC drummer Colin Burgess has died at the age of 77

R(ock) I P

Did he play on any albums? I don't recognize the name.

On facebook I see there's a link to a thread about "25 celebrities who have sadly died in 2023".
Are there any who have happily died in 2023?

Quote: DaButt @ 16th December 2023, 10:24 PM

Did he play on any albums? I don't recognize the name.

He was there right at the very beginning but got fired after about a year for being shit faced on stage one night

RIP Laura Lynch of the Dixie Chicks.

Quote: lofthouse @ 16th December 2023, 11:13 PM

He was there right at the very beginning but got fired after about a year for being shit faced on stage one night

Blimey, hardly in the spirit of rock n' roll is it. I'm glad The Who and Led Zeppelin weren't as hard line, might've changed history a bit.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th September 2023, 8:57 AM

Yes. Rest In Peace to a very, very talented impersonator, who held audience's captive with his shows that were massive - I think one of his Christmas shows still holds the record for number of viewers.

Just a shame he, for some reason, lost his nerve and turned to drink.

RIP Mr. Yarwood

Watched the "Mike Yarwood at the BBC", fronted by Rory Bremner, and have to say what a brilliant programme and just how talented Mike Yarwood was with his impersonations!
And they showed him turning up at the other great man's comedy masterclass - Bob Monkhouse's Last Stand.

A superb hour!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001tktz/mike-yarwood-at-the-bbc

Cartoonist and comedy writer John Byrne. Author of Writing Comedy. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/stage/2023/dec/01/john-byrne-died-aged-83-playwright-artist

Glynis Johns aged 100. Mrs Winifred Banks in Mary Poppins. Daughter of Scrooge and Saloon Bar actor Mervyn Johns.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 4th January 2024, 8:32 PM

Glynis Johns aged 100. Mrs Winifred Banks in Mary Poppins. Daughter of Scrooge and Saloon Bar actor Mervyn Johns.

Yes I just saw that. You beat me to it Billy.

Such a sexy voice. RIP Glynis.

Hutch (as in Starsky and...) aka David Soul, 1977 dual chart-topper. Age 80.