The all in one consolidated RIP thread Page 116

Jacob Rothschild RIP

David Icke leads the tributes...

"Jacob Rothschild is dead. Or rather he has departed to the demonic realms of the lower Astral to be welcomed home by his fellow demons who have been manipulating human society for aeons. A demonic changing of the guard - for now."-David Icke

RIP Richard Lewis, known to many from Curb Your Enthusiasm.

RIP hairy biker Dave Myers

Yup
RIP those two , really liked both of them

Yes he was funnier than most modern comedians and a natural for telly. Another gone in just his 60s, continuing a worrying trend. 😟

Tony Green RIP

🎯

RIP the mighty Karl Wallinger from The Waterboys and World Party.

Quote: chipolata @ 29th February 2024, 6:34 AM

RIP Richard Lewis, known to many from Curb Your Enthusiasm.

I must admit that I'd never heard of him before I saw him in 'Curb' but he was a brilliant man. Much missed, just like Marty Funkhauser/Bob Einstein.

Quote: lofthouse @ 27th February 2024, 12:52 PM

Jacob Rothschild RIP

David Icke leads the tributes...

"Jacob Rothschild is dead. Or rather he has departed to the demonic realms of the lower Astral to be welcomed home by his fellow demons who have been manipulating human society for aeons. A demonic changing of the guard - for now."-David Icke

Does Mr Icke still live on the Isle of Wight? My old line manager used to and said that Mr I lived in Ryde (hopefully he has a ticket?)

I assume Jacob Rothschild is one of THE Rothschilds?

Quote: lofthouse @ 4th March 2024, 5:22 PM

Tony Green RIP

🎯

He performed an excellent cameo in the Mary Whitehouse Spin Off series 'Newman and Baddiel' the late, great Mr Green was helping the insomniac that is David Baddiel relax ... I think that I may look up the show on YouTube, I reckon that it was so nineties that it must have had. I used to love the theme song by The Sundays.

I've been watching that series recently

Not aged well tbh

Quote: lofthouse @ 13th March 2024, 10:23 PM

I've been watching that series recently

Not aged well tbh

No, I'd imagine that it hadn't. I was watching a Comedy Connections episode the other day, the subject being 'Men Bahaving Badly' and ... blimey.
On the subject of RIPs, the Daily Mail is reporting that the woman who played Bobbie the chubby nurse in an episode of dinnerladies' husband died suddenly. Is this strictly news?* I know that the actress later got into legal hot water when she revealed the real names of James Bulger's murderers ... but!?

*Not really, I read the showbiz pages of TDM because I am quite moronic.

Looks like Mr.Harley has gone up to see Him - hope he makes him smile like he did the rest of us.
Here's to the most beautiful pause in British pop music

Quote: Lazzard @ 17th March 2024, 11:24 AM

Looks like Mr.Harley has gone up to see Him - hope he makes him smile like he did the rest of us.

RIP Steve Harley; we were just talking about him during our local Friends group's monthly litter pick*. He was in an early iteration of Phantom too if memory serves me right?

*This sentence makes no sense to me whatsoever and is another one of my non sequiturs.

Quote: Lazzard @ 17th March 2024, 11:24 AM

Apparently he lived in my neck of the woods in Suffolk - I didn't know that. Rest In Peace.

Some great photos of Steve H & Cockney Rebel... https://www.theguardian.com/music/gallery/2024/mar/17/steve-harley-a-life-in-pictures

I read he was touring too until he became too ill. He said he might have to cancel the rest of the 2024 tour.
Poor man went down quick. RIP.

I once learned the song 'make me smile' and it took ages to get the instrumental part right. I tried to play it again in his honour but the instrumental was gone from my head.