Newsjack 2016 Page 7

No email for me this week! That's motivation to try harder and write funnier for next week!

Congrats to everyone who got something on this week and good luck to everyone for the next five weeks!

Does anyone have an opinion on a good time to submit sketches? I guess if you're happy with the sketch it's best to get it in as early as possible to avoid the rush. The trouble is, no matter how good a sketch reads, there is nothing like a night's sleep to make a it even better. My are usually last minute jobbies.

Quote: David S @ 12th February 2016, 5:37 PM GMT

Does anyone have an opinion on a good time to submit sketches? I guess if you're happy with the sketch it's best to get it in as early as possible to avoid the rush. The trouble is, no matter how good a sketch reads, there is nothing like a night's sleep to make a it even better. My are usually last minute jobbies.

I don't think it matters, they don't seem to look at them until Monday afternoon anyway; up until then they're working with the commissioned writers.

Quote: martinw @ 11th February 2016, 11:05 PM GMT

Well that was a surprise - turns out it was a sketch after all. Mine was the McDonalds customer getting refused service. Interesting to hear the changes they made to it.

Great sketch, well done.

Also enjoyed the Dutch drone one, they sounded like they were having great gas doing the voices.

Just heard the show.

Well done Martinw loved your sketch, one of the best ones, also loved the Junior Junior Dr sketch.

Well done Quill, Shandonbelle, Steve by AON and AndyGilder, denigrating Assange is very important work.

James Carey and Dave "Anorak" Cohen discuss Newsjack here: https://soundcloud.com/britishcomedyguide/sitcom-geeks-episode-17

Just submitted 3 Breaking News, 3 Viewsjacks, 1 Sketch and 1 Advert!

Good luck everyone!

J x

We've just submitted ours - 2 sketches and an advert - good luck everyone!

One sketch, probably too topical a subject, hey ho. A few oneliners ready for tomorrow. Let's hope one or more of us make broadcast :D

Quote: David S @ 15th February 2016, 11:30 AM GMT

One sketch, probably too topical a subject, hey ho. A few oneliners ready for tomorrow. Let's hope one or more of us make broadcast :D

Is there such a thing as 'too topical'? I should think the more topical the better! :)

Bloody hell I struggled this week...

Huh?

Should I have waited and submitted the oneliners tomorrow morning, or is ok that I sent them today (in a separate email to the sketches obviously ) ?

J x

Quote: GoWithIt @ 15th February 2016, 12:06 PM GMT

Huh?

Should I have waited and submitted the oneliners tomorrow morning, or is ok that I sent them today (in a separate email to the sketches obviously ) ?

J x

No - send them when you like - but we are never that organised! :)
PS - nothing gets read though until after the deadline I believe.

Oh that's brilliant! Thank you so much!

I'm never usually that organised, definitely a one off!

J x :D

Quote: Bonzo @ 15th February 2016, 11:40 AM GMT

Is there such a thing as 'too topical'? I should think the more topical the better! :)

Actually, my topic was gravitational waves, which could be seen as last weeks news! Still, I do think there is more competition for front page topics - both from public submissions and commissioned writers. I generally dabble around the edges unless it's a particularly strong idea and then I send it in come hell or high water!