Newsjack 2016 Page 2

I know there's a million links in the thread but is is this weekend we need to submit from?

Quote: Otterfox @ 2nd February 2016, 5:32 PM GMT

I know there's a million links in the thread but is is this weekend we need to submit from?

Yes!

Quote: Bonzo @ 2nd February 2016, 5:33 PM GMT

Yes!

Can you put that answer in the form of a link please

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 2nd February 2016, 5:44 PM GMT

Can you put that answer in the form of a link please

No link but this was emailed.

"This will be the 14th series of the show with the first episode going out on Thursday the 11th February. Nish Kumar is returning as the host."

Quote: Bonzo @ 2nd February 2016, 5:33 PM GMT

Yes!

Thank you kindly. Better begin my investigations so.

Hi all - the website is now showing first submission date is 8 Feb at noon!

We went to the briefing last night, which was great!

Everything is still same format (2 sketches and 1 advert for Monday & 6 oneliners on Tuesday - mix of "breaking news" and "viewsjacks").

Good luck everyone! :)

Quote: Bonzo @ 3rd February 2016, 6:33 AM GMT

Hi all - the website is now showing first submission date is 8 Feb at noon!

We went to the briefing last night, which was great!

Everything is still same format (2 sketches and 1 advert for Monday & 6 oneliners on Tuesday - mix of "breaking news" and "viewsjacks").

Good luck everyone! :)

Thanks for the heads up all.

Might actually take a run at this..

For the 30s advert - how are you guys actually sending it in? As a separate rtf file, like the sketches/oneliners, or just putting the text of the ad in the body of the email?

Do it on a doc, not the body of the e mail

Checked the website today to see that they've posted new sketch & one-liner templates to use. Not that different from the last ones but I'll use these for my jokes this series so anyone doing formatting for Newsjack doesn't hate me (as much - my jokes, on the other hand...)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/1hDdvFLfWClPHW7zT3sq01S/submit-a-sketch

Quote: Dantrobus @ 26th January 2016, 10:09 AM GMT

Hooray for the biannual disappointment ritual.

Beautiful Laughing out loud

Haven't tried NJ for 3 years (only ever had 1 sketch on it). Having another go at it now. It would be nice to be slightly consistent at it.

P.S. Have just checked my profile on the "People" part of the new website. According to my credits, I suck.

Quote: Yacob Wingnut @ 5th February 2016, 11:56 PM GMT

Beautiful Laughing out loud

Haven't tried NJ for 3 years (only ever had 1 sketch on it). Having another go at it now. It would be nice to be slightly consistent at it.

P.S. Have just checked my profile on the "People" part of the new website. According to my credits, I suck.

More credits may seem to make you less sucky
But your particular credits are decidedly unsucky.
So, swings & roundabouts

Quote: DuckingAround @ 5th February 2016, 7:05 PM GMT

Checked the website today to see that they've posted new sketch & one-liner templates to use. Not that different from the last ones but I'll use these for my jokes this series so anyone doing formatting for Newsjack doesn't hate me (as much - my jokes, on the other hand...)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/1hDdvFLfWClPHW7zT3sq01S/submit-a-sketch

The difference being they want your sketch to link to the news item; I'm guessing they want to check it's contemporary. I wonder if they want relevant parts of the text quoted too?

They mean link as in a segue to the sketch, don't they? Not an actual hyperlink to an article. Like an intro for Nish to read to give a bit of context. I've think they've always requested one with your sketches.

That makes a lot more sense, but RELEVANT LINK does imply they want an actual hyperlink.