Newsjack 2016 Page 6

Nothing for me this week I'm afraid!

Yep I got an email 10 mins ago. Think it's a oneliner, didn't recognise any of the sketches listed.

Got the good email.

Breaks the drought after nothing for the last two series.

Congratulations to everyone else who made it on.

Got a thanks for submitting you had something in the script and it may even have been read out but didn't make the edit.

Is that the 'recorded but cut' email or a different, lower category one? Any experts out there, I'm just curious.

Well done to anyone who got something on.

Quote: steve by any other name @ 11th February 2016, 6:33 PM GMT

Got a thanks for submitting you had something in the script and it may even have been read out but didn't make the edit.

Is that the 'recorded but cut' email or a different, lower category one? Any experts out there, I'm just curious.

Well done to anyone who got something on.

Sounds like the 'recorded-but-cut' one. Well done!

Quote: V Riddoch @ 11th February 2016, 6:44 PM GMT

Sounds like the 'recorded-but-cut' one. Well done!

Thanks. Not what I was hoping for, more than I was expecting.

Quote: steve by any other name @ 11th February 2016, 6:48 PM GMT

You should be very pleased with yourself! It's a fantastic achievement to get as far as the script - especially in week one, which will probably have the highest volume.

Quote: steve by any other name @ 11th February 2016, 6:48 PM GMT

Having been at the recording, I can tell you that the script was of a consistently high standard and that the audience response was both genuine and appreciative. The producers must have had a very difficult task to select the final cut.

I got a recorded but cut. Annoying not knowing which oneliner it was!

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 11th February 2016, 7:24 PM GMT

I got a recorded but cut. Annoying not knowing which oneliner it was!

They usually tell you if you ask.

Quote: martinw @ 11th February 2016, 6:00 PM GMT

Yep I got an email 10 mins ago. Think it's a oneliner, didn't recognise any of the sketches listed.

Well that was a surprise - turns out it was a sketch after all. Mine was the McDonalds customer getting refused service. Interesting to hear the changes they made to it.

Quote: martinw @ 11th February 2016, 11:05 PM GMT

Well that was a surprise - turns out it was a sketch after all. Mine was the McDonalds customer getting refused service. Interesting to hear the changes they made to it.

Quote: Quill @ 11th February 2016, 6:27 PM GMT

Got the good email.

Breaks the drought after nothing for the last two series.

Congratulations to everyone else who made it on.

Congratulations Martinw and Quill :)

Nice one, Martin! Some great sketches on tonight. The mind-reading iPhone was my favourite. Nothing for me, alas!

Didn't get anything on. Gonna post the rejects on here again because, well, what else am I gonna do with them!

1. Boots have responded to claims of having a sexist pricing policy by offering women a "pay gap sale", reducing prices by 79p for every British pound.
2. David Cameron denied that describing a migrant camp as a "jungle" was scaremongering, while wearing a pith helmet and loading an elephant gun.
3. A fisherman and electrician have been arrested for attempting a classic bait and switch scam.

1. "I can't wait for Kanye's West's new album to drop on Thursday because, much like Kanye's last album, I'm seriously ill."
2. "Training an eagle to intercept a drone is nothing, I trained my dog to intercept the postman. No mail now for 3 years; just the way I like it."
3. "I read about that privacy watchdog warning the public about government spy powers and just thought it was weird that there's a WATCHDOG for privacy"

Could you stick any work you do on Showcase or Critique, please?