Newsjack 2016 Page 12

Been off sick for the last two weeks so really happy to have managed to send off my sketch quota for this week.

Congrats to everyone who's been in so far - thought they were two really great episodes to start the series.

Now on to the oneliners and then the waiting... how I've missed you.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 20th February 2016, 12:00 PM GMT

Forty, fifty and sixty somethings who write comedy, I'm afraid. Welcome to the site, Blue.

Thanks :D , just finished and sent my first two sketches in.

I have to say, having now done it, I'm very impressed that posters in this thread get some much stuff in every week.

I totally messed up my timing, which I understand is not great for comedy. Ending up submitting at 11:55am... which is a little bit close to the wire. A lot of coffee was necessary.

Good luck everyone

Ours are in - 2 sketches and an advert - topics Galloway, Synchronised Sport and EU deal. Good luck everyone!

:)

Two sketches this week and almost an advert but it was abandoned at the last minute. Sketches involve a half human/half mobile hybrid and Michael Gove sounding like a turkey... I... I don't think I was very well.

Quote: Yacob Wingnut @ 22nd February 2016, 11:23 AM GMT

Sent one on the Bond car sale and one on Shia LaBeouf's art installation. I'm guessing a lot of people have written on the same subjects as me.

I was a bit too embarrassed to send my effort about that Lebeouf fella
Shia?
Yes I think I am these days

Maybe most people steered clear of the EU debate assuming everyone else would do it? I just sent in one, on the mapping of an old Suffolk town that fell into the sea.

I sent a EU sketch - just because I had an idea that I thought was really funny.

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ 22nd February 2016, 7:19 PM GMT

I sent a EU sketch - just because I had an idea that I thought was really funny.

We sent an EU sketch too! :)

Oo, er... I went for more obscure stuff. I really, really tried to get into the EU stories, but I just couldn't. If the news cycle is going to be blanket EU until the 23rd June, I'm in trouble.

My sketches were about:
1. That roman wheel in Cambridge being discovered
2. The Archer's producer that's moved to EastEnders after being too traumatic

Might be a little early but have just submitted my one liners for this week's show. Good luck everyone :D

I managed one Sketch about the FIFA Presidential elections.

Sending off the one-liners now. Judging by this week's current affairs, they may as well rebrand the show as NEUwsjack for the upcoming episode.

Just sent mine in, 3 Oneliners and 3 ViewsJack!

Good luck this week everyone!

J x

No sketches (I just have a mental block on writing them for some reason), mix of oneliners in though on topics as diverse as silent labour, homeopathy and X Factor :)

Found it hard to avoid the EU too - did one on IDS' announcement that we'd all be dead if we left. Others were on the US republican contest and on Facebook launching help for people feeling suicidal. All very upbeat.

Oneliners off this morning too, good luck all. Anyone at the recording tomorrow?