Strictly Come Dancing Page 7

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th December 2015, 11:50 PM GMT

I am convinced that his Pulp Fiction jive was so good and stuck in people's minds so much that it played its part in him winning the title.

If it stuck in people's minds, WHY DIDN'T THEY DO IT? They coasted-Georgia or Kellie deserved to win.

Quote: Nogget @ 20th December 2015, 5:35 AM GMT

You don't think that people just vote for whomever they like most as a person?

Of course, but that cannot be the complete answer and would be a small percentage of the vote I would think. Also it belies the dancing skills he developed.

My only query with regards to Jay is why him? You can understand the other personalities and "celebs", but some band member? Do they ask every band member in every band in the country if they would like to have a go?
Personally, I have scant knowledge of the band Wanted he was in let alone who he was - didn't know him from Adam; but as it turned out he seemed a very personable modest chap who deserved to win.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 20th December 2015, 8:53 AM GMT

If it stuck in people's minds, WHY DIDN'T THEY DO IT? They coasted-Georgia or Kellie deserved to win.

I think he explained that in they wanted to hone one they had previously had to near perfection, and it was a canny move in not repeating a dance that had already won the hearts of the people.

Not sure about coasting the other two girls, who I thought did exceptionally well - I couldn't call it. I wonder what the judges thought.

I suspect they probably work their way through every boyband etc by just asking their management if any of the members in bands they manage fancies it. Rather than contacting each member or band one at a time.

I've barely heard of his band at all let alone him, so they must have worked their way down through a lot of people to get to him.

The money on offer is also a factor plus it is publicity for themselves in case their career's are flagging.

Quote: alan1967 @ 20th December 2015, 10:27 AM GMT

The money on offer is also a factor plus it is publicity for themselves in case their career's are flagging.

Natch.

Quote: zooo @ 20th December 2015, 10:05 AM GMT

I suspect they probably work their way through every boyband etc by just asking their management if any of the members in bands they manage fancies it. Rather than contacting each member or band one at a time.

I've barely heard of his band at all let alone him, so they must have worked their way down through a lot of people to get to him.

I wonder if Mick J or Paul McC were ever contacted? Laughing out loud

Karren Brady says she is asked every year or should I say baroness Brady.
I'd like to see that.
She says that she is not a TV wannabe. :(

I got it all wrong.

Didn't realise Katie is still in the competition.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 20th December 2015, 11:31 PM GMT

I got it all wrong.

Didn't realise Katie is still in the competition.

She's not now.

What, who is then?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th December 2015, 9:49 AM GMT

Of course, but that cannot be the complete answer and would be a small percentage of the vote I would think. Also it belies the dancing skills he developed.

Yes, and it was John Sargeant's dancing skills which the public voted for.

Quote: Nogget @ 21st December 2015, 6:50 AM GMT

Yes, and it was John Sargeant's dancing skills which the public voted for.

That was an exception in that it became a sort of game that people jumped on board with (methinks some that were not really interested at all), becoming a news phenomenon that snowballed.

Quote: Chappers @ 20th December 2015, 11:50 PM GMT

She's not now.

Who is still in it?

About 56 seconds in Jay seems to be wearing the same outfit he wore in SCD. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OGyHRKMPOE The Wanted haven't been busy as a group for a couple of years but they do have a large fan base. I saw them a few years ago and thought they were very good.
I don't see a problem with anyone taking part in this show to promote something they are doing or to boost a flagging career, they still have to be committed, work very hard and entertain us with actual talent even if it's just the talent to amuse rather than skilled dancing.

It's the first time I've watched a whole series and I enjoyed it, unlike other shows where for example contestants are trying to 'secretly' have sex in a house that is monitored 24/7 which is apparently entertaining and the people taking part become celebrities for what exactly?

Quote: A Horseradish @ 21st December 2015, 12:57 PM GMT

Who is still in it?

Nobody as it finished on Sunday.

Saturday, Chappers!