Strictly Come Dancing

zooo has asked me Laughing out loud to start a thread for this as there seems to be quite a few fans and others who watch it but probably wouldn't admit to it. :D

My wife loves it and I watch with her for the seriously fit women. :P (But don't tell her that though Whistling nnocently }

Don't blame it all on me!

I bloody love Strictly. In all its sparkly, tacky goodness. And the dancers all being gorgeous doesn't hurt either.

No offence to Bruce, but it's SO much better since he left, too.

OK, it's up and running so everyone out of the closet. :D

Strictly's great! Agree about Forsyth - Claudia is aces.

Thanks for the links in your sig, Shaggy!

Even though they pretend the Sunday results show is filmed on Sunday with lots of references to Saturday's show... we all know it's recorded straight after the main show.

Of course - that is why it is so early on Saturday, but I think they know that we all know that so why keep up the pretence? It was even more bloody obvious this last weekend as they had all that Halloween make up on. The presenters and the judges change clothes just to keep up the sham.

The run up the stairs after they have been judged can be quite rewarding ;)

I've always watched Strictly. My attitude is that if you can dance you'll always be able to pull. Been to ballroom lessons. Some of th Latin dances can be really sexy.

I used to think all ballroom dancers looked utterly ridiculous before I started watching it. Now I can appreciate most of the dances. Especially when Gleb or whoever puts in cool weird contemporary moves.

I still think almost all quicksteps look stupid though. Prancing about like a mad horse.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd November 2015, 8:45 PM GMT

My wife loves it and I watch with her for the seriously fit women. :P (But don't tell her that though Whistling nnocently }

In my day we used to have Baywatch followed by Gladiators for that.

Gladiators were always too muscly for me.

Bit of trivia for you, which someone might be able to use in a pub quiz or whatever...........I'll give the answer tomorrow if nobody gets it - bit obscure. Laughing out loud

What is the connection between Strictly and The Goon Show?

I've started watching it this year. Not keen on the rehearsal clips or Tess Daly but love the dancing.
I'm going to see The Last Tango starring Vincent and Flavia soon.

Oh yeah, those 'funny' clips are cringeworthy. I like it when they actually show actual rehearsals though.