Vicious - Series 2 Page 3

I'm sure there are some laughs in it but it's all a bit too camp for my taste.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 9th June 2015, 1:59 PM BST

And as always, the Ash-"actor" looked like a grotesque looking mentally ill person on a non-stop acid trip.

Well put. :)

As much as I enjoy this show, they really need to give Ash a personality. This week's whole 'They're mine' obsessive thing came across as more tragic than funny. Otherwise, I couldn't help but laugh at McKellan and Jacobi, they certainly have good chemistry.

Hmm, lack of comment on here suggests to me that other people feel the same way in that Ian McKellen, Derek Jacobi and Frances de la Tour are struggling to make the best of what appears to be a good series running out of situation ideas from the writers.

As much as I enjoy watching it, I think the problem is that it's as if they live in a sealed bubble. No change of set, the same four or five characters every single week, no variety (although I'm sure some would argue this show is pure variety of the theatrical kind). That said I'm still looking forward to see how it will all work out.

This series is strangely dated, going back to the gay/camp stereotypes in Are You Being Served?, It Ain't Half Hot Mum etc. Jacobi, McKellen and De La Tour are sheer ham and the straight lad doesn't seem to be acting at all.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 25th June 2015, 1:32 PM BST

As much as I enjoy watching it, I think the problem is that it's as if they live in a sealed bubble. No change of set, the same four or five characters every single week, no variety (although I'm sure some would argue this show is pure variety of the theatrical kind). That said I'm still looking forward to see how it will all work out.

They did have the gym and dancing scenario, which took them out of the flat and I will still watch, if only for curiosity's sake.

Yeah. I'd like to see Freddie at work, an over the top thesp playing an even more over the top thesp.

I still like it and have enjoyed watching Series 2 so far however I don't think it's been quite as funny as Series 1 but with such good quality of actors, the show holds itself together well anyway.

Yes, thought series One was better, but then I suspect the writers had fresh ideas which they appear to have run out of.

This is probably my favourite show currently running. I actually don't think this series has been that bad, they're just scathing over alien situations and it is definitely... different to the first season. The first three episodes were still hilarious. I presume they'll order a third season anyway. I saw on twitter the other day that they're winning with the ratings and are still getting positive reviews. Plus all four "main" members of the cast, even Iwan/Ash, have positively stated they want to continue the show on for a long as possible, (said so in their Attitude mag feature) maybe Gary can get some new features and writing hands for a future series.

What I will say reading this topic (and the season one topic) is I don't really understand the distaste people have towards Ash/Iwan. I think he fits the character of Ash pretty well. He's supposed to be an attractive young guy who's supposed to be a bit bad boyish and has moved to London for a change in his life. He's not supposed to be vain, he's supposed to be quite sweet and likeable, having someone super attractive and unreal looking would be worse. And on another note, he's a much better actor than you guys would give him credit for. Have none of you watched Game of Thrones or Misfits? Three characters which are complete opposites of one another and he pulls each of fantastically. I'm glad he's getting more on the radar, he's actually a fantastic and deserving actor.

Bit better tonight, but the Violet in Ash's bed scenario is nothing new.

This was one of the better episodes of the series. I just hope they don't cancel it. It's still pulling in 2M in ratings, which is fine in comparison, really. And I think they've got a nice fan-following to keep this going. I guess we'll find out soon if ITV orders it.

I presume they'll get married next week, too.

Series finished with a bit of a flourish. :)

Freddy "What the f**k is she wearing?" Laughing out loud

I really, really liked tonight's final episode. Some lovely lines, and the ending was genuinely touching. Say what you will about the series/premise, but having those two together really is a treat.