Talking to themselves

Has anyone ever come across the bizarre phenomenon of people creating extra accounts on the forum and then using it to big themselves up and stuff. Essentially talking to themselves.

Seems like whatever forum I go on people 'appear' to do this, even using the same writing style or even worse the exact same phrases.

What drives these individuals? Or am I over thinking the situation? :)

I suspect Chapman of doing this. No proof. Just gut instinct.

Why?
Not to big themselves up but to throw in comments they don't want the heat for under their main user name.

It's the height of despicosity and the people who do this are probably masturbators too! :O

I my suspicions about a couple of people myself (not Dave though - someone that posts that much surely doesn't have time to post under another pseudonym too ;) ). We do track IP addresses so I can say that if it is happening it is not widespread here.

I think people do it to either, as Skibbington says, post their real views about something, or to make it look like others agree with their view point. Or they're just crazy!

Yes, we're watching a few of you constantly. Mwhahahahaha!

*cough*

Good point that Skibby makes. Personally, I reckon Charley is fake. I mean, no one can be like that really, can they?!

I think it is needless. If you dont have the bollox to say what you mean with your origional identity, then you are a coward. Mummy's skirt hiders. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr! Its all fine to have a non identity pic & name & I understand why lots do that.
I have only the one account. I dont need to big myself up or hide under my mummys skirt. I intend to use my right to my own opinion before they take that away from us.
I use my real name & piccy & apart from occasions of embarrasing drunkun stupors & ramblings, I am never sorry for any posts.
I will never be to timid or afraid to speak my mind.
Neither as I am sure would David Chapman.

Quote: Aaron @ September 24, 2007, 2:50 PM

Yes, we're watching a few of you constantly. Mwhahahahaha!

*cough*

Good point that Skibby makes. Personally, I reckon Charley is fake. I mean, no one can be like that really, can they?!

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Quote: Charley @ September 24, 2007, 6:25 PM

I think it is needless. If you dont have the bollox to say what you mean with your origional identity, then you are a coward. Mummy's skirt hiders. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr! Its all fine to have a non identity pic & name & I understand why lots do that.
I have only the one account. I dont need to big myself up or hide under my mummys skirt. I intend to use my right to my own opinion before they take that away from us.
I use my real name & piccy & apart from occasions of embarrasing drunkun stupors & ramblings, I am never sorry for any posts.
I will never be to timid or afraid to speak my mind.
Neither as I am sure would David Chapman.

You don't think that's my real name do you?

It's Alice von Stickingham

I suspect you two are one and the same!

Quote: Skibbington von Skubber @ September 24, 2007, 10:53 AM

I suspect Chapman of doing this. No proof. Just gut instinct.

Why?
Not to big themselves up but to throw in comments they don't want the heat for under their main user name.

Yeah - right - cos I can be arsed to set up another user.

I can't even remember how I set myself up in the first place!

Quote: zooo @ September 24, 2007, 9:24 PM

I suspect you two are one and the same!

Which two?

Actually I did have second thoughts about posting Fashion Show under my real name. You know - stupid little reasons like Fatwas.

Ajp29 is really smart and intellegent, probably good looking and the greatest talent in the world... Oh shit wrong account. Bugger!

Quote: David Chapman @ September 24, 2007, 9:37 PM

Which two?

You and Charley!
I'm just playing though.

I hadn't thought anyone was doing this. It's weird.

Quote: zooo @ September 24, 2007, 10:39 PM

I hadn't thought anyone was doing this. It's weird.

Boredom and/or a strong desire to lash out with impunity can produce events far off the beaten path.

I remember spit races down the posts of my bed when I was a kid forced to nap when I wasn't tired...

Quote: Skibbington von Skubber @ September 24, 2007, 10:47 PM

Boredom and/or a strong desire to lash out with impunity can produce events far off the beaten path.

I remember spit races down the posts of my bed when I was a kid forced to nap when I wasn't tired...

So you and Dannyjb are probably the same person - so bored/boring you start threads even imagining such a thing.

Quote: David Chapman @ September 24, 2007, 10:51 PM

So you and Dannyjb are probably the same person - so bored/boring you start threads even imagining such a thing.

I am not that same person and I'm not bori.. okay maybe you got me a little on that last one.

Laughing out loud

Interesting thread. Seeing as I am a teacher my wife says that I must be stupid for putting my real name to my account because if I say something rude the kids might read it, complain to the head and get me sacked. Good point, maybe I should have picked a pseudonym but then again it might act as a sort of self censorship and stop me swearing so f**king much.