Only Connect Page 63

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 30th October 2021, 5:49 AM

Oh the irony!!!

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

Bloody Hell! I know the final always has hard(er) questions, but after tonight's, my brain hurts.

I noticed there were not many "Additional Question" setters (none of the questions were mine! ?) I expect most of the bastards were set by the "professional" setters, as I did notice (big moan!!) that a couple of them went against their so called "rules". Grrrrr

My thoughts too, they seemed deliberately obscure tonight and even the explanations made little sense. I usually get at least one right.

Not like Pointless where I regularly say "Thanks Rich" after "Well done if you got that at home" :-)

Quote: fasty @ 25th January 2022, 4:16 AM

Not like Pointless where I regularly say "Thanks Rich" after "Well done if you got that at home" :-)

Haven't watched Pointless for at least a year now as I go sick and tired of Armstrong's patronising attitude - effin' Dick.

I record it and zip through any rounds whose subject doesn't interest me - some days it only takes a couple of minutes.

I never watch the Walls, but that's probably because I got arsy when they said, about a couple of years ago, they were only going use a select few of the question setters for them, with me not being in that privileged clique - f**k 'em. ? They were a hell of a lot of work anyway (4 times as much, by their very nature) - the Connections, Sequences and Missing Owls are enough for me, thank you very much.

Also skip through VCM's "comedy" intros and outros - what the f**k are they thinking of. Comedian she ain't and the material is shit anyway, with the smug look on her face of "Aren't I clever".

It's back!

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 17th July 2023, 6:01 PM

It's back!

None of my questions 😯.......................yet

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th July 2023, 4:34 PM

None of my questions 😯.......................yet

Our questions?

Quote: Chappers @ 18th July 2023, 8:27 PM

Our questions?

Sorry Dave, yours didn't quite make the cut - I would have told you if it was the case. 🙂

Have you all tried this yet? https://www.nytimes.com/games/connections A daily game like Wordle, but it's a connecting wall. Some of the groups are annoyingly America-centric, but it is quite fun.

I'll have a look.
Btw, I have a friend that still does wordle every day and uses a swear or rude word to start off.
Shite being one of his favourites.

A few easy questions this week. I got the first one (which Vicky said was one of their trickiest) straight away.

Thanks for the link to that connections site, I'll give that a bash.

My moved-away son and I exchange the Wordle every morning. It's my subtle way of telling him I've not died in my sleep ;)

I always do the paper's quick crossword.

How do you "connect" to Wordle.

Quote: Chappers @ 27th July 2023, 6:04 PM

How do you "connect" to Wordle.

https://www.nytimes.com/games/wordle/index.html